Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Prp

Just curious as to which posters, if any, were actually there and seen what happened as aposed to reading it on the net?
    8/13/16

I watched the replay today on MAVTV and it was so dusty that my contacts were drying out just watching it on the tv

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Steve Baker puts the polish on things, Mark Richards tells you to your face what he feels. Many people can't handle that.
    We seen how well that went over

I would think if Fergy's crew guy didn't act like an idiot he would have been allowed to race the feature. While he is a hothead I don't think Mark was any threat to Fergy. And further reason why Sheppy might want to go in a different direction after this season.

Hot head, lol…….hot wasn’t exactly the word I was thinking about.

Smile for the camera Mark.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

So how would the 4m experts fix the dust?

Quote Originally Posted by Snagger View Post
    So how would the 4m experts fix the dust?
    Soil amendments, surfactants, and WATER!

here's my thoughts !! Half the people bitching about dust wasnt even there ??
    rained out fri then alll in one day tim coleman worked his ass off trying to make it better !!
    Feature wasn't that bad !!!! Yes it was dusty during heats ur at a dirt track !! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Frog View Post
    rained out fri then alll in one day tim coleman worked his ass off trying to make it better !!
    Feature wasn't that bad !!!! Yes it was dusty during heats ur at a dirt track !! lol
    First B main was pretty bad, after that it continually improved. A main was fine, I could see whole track pretty good. Maybe TV is affected more by the dust.

Almost all the races had pretty good passing, 2 to 3 grooves. I don't think anyone lost an engine during the weekend which is a problem at the bigger tracks, like 1/2 milers. I would rather have it a little dusty with good racing than have it crystal clear and locked down.

Everyone going to try to get on here and bash the track cause they want this race closer to their home, or some other track (I hear WVMS all the time). This track is a reasonable size that gives the most cars a chance to win, even some of the smaller teams and they won't lose an engine trying to compete. Move the Hillbilly to WVMS.

The hundred at wvms would be a solid test of man and machine……
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Exactly they watered the track after almost every checkered flag and brought the grader out 2 or three times. If Friday doesn’t get rained out, there wouldn’t have been any dust on Saturday. DTWC ain’t going nowhere

Isn't PRP right next to a river that quite often overflows and floods the place? Seems like there's your answer as to why it isn't a perfect surface. The best track prep guy there is would have a challenge with layers of river silt. I've never been there but it seems like the old realtors' cliche about " location, location, location" would fit the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Frog View Post
    So??? A dry dirt track equals dust. A moist dirt track that contains water, little or no dirt.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

They put a new surface down back in the spring when the waters receded.

Seems like it might also be where they get their clay. There are other tracks (Davenport, Peoria, I-55) that flood. All three have a better surface than PRP. Of course, all three have a better track layout too. If PRP ever fixed their corners where the top was a little better it’d be worth going back to. I’ve been burned too many times to fork over big money for a race there. Seen too many garbage train races.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

When the surface is all the same, the top is good. It's not a config issue, it's where the track is clean or dirty.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Its just Ohio Dirt, or the dirt make up in that area of the Southern Ohio Valley.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

I'd be fighting mad if i had to race at that place too, glad to see mark put in his place for once though

I didn't know that, did it help during the season? That should have helped as the sand has been getting worse from the floods it appeared.

PRP is one of my favorite tracks. It does fall short when the top gets slick or marbely. Maybe a bit more banking at the top?