Thread: Dave Argabright

Default Dave Argabright

Dirt track racing and Lucas Oil will miss this guy I would be willing to bet. As a race fan I hate to see him go.

I agree, he does a great job.

R. Dave Arrrrrrgabright.

Yea the guy added a great deal to the broadcast, he will be missed.

hate to see it but u have to move on @ some point.

I always encouraged Dave to write a book about Bloomer. His writings are very thorough. He always told me he did not think he could get the full story from Scott. I'm sure it would be his best seller ever if he could.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Clod View Post
    I always encouraged Dave to write a book about Bloomer. His writings are very thorough. He always told me he did not think he could get the full story from Scott. I'm sure it would be his best seller ever if he could.
    I think it’ll happen, and he’d be a great choice as author, when Scott retires for good. Because I can only imagine some of them stories could still cause him some blow back even now.

I think it could make it to mainstream print, not just us race fans.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

That could be a series in itself……imagine a weekly Dave and Scott show……I would tune in every time.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Dave Argabright is the preeminent author dealing with more localized short track racing. The award winning writing he's done with autobiographical works on Jimmy Sills, Earl Baltes and Jack Hewitt, among a few others, is legendary. Every literary collection needs to also contain "Modern Thunder" to be complete.

The fact that his column in the old National Speed Sport News dealing with the death and funeral services for the late, great, D!ck Gaines brought my wife to tears is endorsement enough for me. I was not all that familiar with Dave's work at that time. She never knew D!ck Gaines or ever even watched him race but Dave's eulogy was as genuine and touching as words alone can be and I knew ol' Dave was good when we read that!

Quote Originally Posted by epjfan View Post
    Dirt track racing and Lucas Oil will miss this guy I would be willing to bet. As a race fan I hate to see him go.
    Totally agree. I know that me and my wife enjoy his pit side reporting when he is on Mavtv.
    Not sure on who they are thinking of getting to replace Dave but our choice would be Randy Weaver.
    We will miss you Dave but enjoy your semi retirement.

No Randy Weaver sadly! I think they already hired the drag racing guy. I don't remember his name.

Quote Originally Posted by champion24 View Post
    No Randy Weaver sadly! I think they already hired the drag racing guy. I don't remember his name.
    Dave rieff, not that big of a fan of him myself. Will definitely miss mr argabright

Scott is going to write a book about the aliens landing on his fARM, AND HOW THEY MADE HIS CAR FAST

Dave's background as an author who has covered nearly every facet of short track racing undoubtedly helped a great deal in making him a pit reporter extraordinaire. He was first and foremost a huge racing fan and he knew what questions to ask and almost as important, what questions not to ask.

The drivers knew they could count on him to be concise and as brief as possible and they could trust him not to go out of his way to make them look bad. He knows short track racing as well as anyone possibly can. He never over acted his interviews and commentary like some tend to do.

Best of luck in whatever your plans include, Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Dave's background as an author who has covered nearly every facet of short track racing undoubtedly helped a great deal in making him a pit reporter extraordinaire. He was first and foremost a huge racing fan and he knew what questions to ask and almost as important, what questions not to ask.

The drivers knew they could count on him to be concise and as brief as possible and they could trust him not to go out of his way to make them look bad. He knows short track racing as well as anyone possibly can. He never over acted his interviews and commentary like some tend to do.

Best of luck in whatever your plans include, Dave.
    I agree, wasn't impressed with Overton last night in the post race interviews when he pretty much just walked away from his interview with Dave, at least JD congratulated Dave on his retirement . Overton has gotten too big for his bridges and when he doesn't win just says it is what is and then just lists his sponsors and doesn't like to talk about anything else.

Dave can't b replaced so you have to go with 2nd best. GL to both

I really wish theyd hire ralph sheheen. hes a great addition for any motorsports broadcasting

Seems genuinely like a really nice guy. Very good at what he did, his delivery was unique and outstanding.

Calm, knowledgeable, not overly dramatic. In this day of many thinking they have to be bombastic and loud Dave has been a blessing. He will be missed.
    I hate time trials.

Dave’s questions always seem so genuine and well placed. He has a gift no doubt.

That calm confidence will be missed….Thank you Mr. Argabright.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????