Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

we already have a ton of limited late model classes , and when i say limited , i am including crate classes as well ( BTW this was there intent to start with , a affordable late model ) I say let super late models be super late models , less rules the better.....

I would like to see three classes of eighty cars, not eight classes of eighty cars....
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    we already have a ton of limited late model classes , and when i say limited , i am including crate classes as well ( BTW this was there intent to start with , a affordable late model ) I say let super late models be super late models , less rules the better.....
    Keeping them looking the same wouldn't have made them less "super". All classes need a basic framework of what the class is. And aero ruins all racing.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by latemodelman View Post
    Krooser hope you kick butt. Also would be nice to not see the C shaped cars
    In the last 10 months Ive had a new knee installed, two widowmaker heart attacks, a $28,470 Flight for Life chopper ride and a shoulder replacement plus minor back surgery.

Racing will help me relax.

Ill be 73 when the next season starts. Havent been behind the wheel since coming back from running the old IMCA Florida series during Speedweeks 1987. But I have a better car and better engine than I ever had before ( except for my Holman Moody 427 in '72).

Let the games begin...
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Keeping them looking the same wouldn't have made them less "super". All classes need a basic framework of what the class is. And aero ruins all racing.
    I will agree on the aero , I know you need basic rules , but instead of eliminating existing rules , maybe just dampen down new ideas , but dont eliminate them ,,,,,,

What if the cars had no spoilers? That's a pretty cheap and easy rule change.

I will agree on the aero , I know you need basic rules , but instead of eliminating existing rules , maybe just dampen down new ideas , but dont eliminate them ,,,,,,
    We probably aren't that far apart on our thinking.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    Back before we hiked the cars to the moon, I tried that. It was a pretty big difference on a small track. Today, it would slow the cars a ton. And, I don't think that's a bad thing.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox28 View Post
    creating very restrictive rules on things like shocks and engines and those kinds of things does nothing more than either cost racers lots of money or continue the decline of competitors. Its not a lack of rules..its a lack of rule ENFORCEMENT. No one wants to be the bad guy but thats the problem.
    I've been complaining about the lack of enforcement for over 10 years lol. They have let things slide so long now on a rare occasion when they actually enforce something it nearly causes a riot
    Mike
    I hate the Steelers more than I hate the Buckeyes !

Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by davis2902 View Post
    The close ties of the sanctioning bodies to the car/part manufacturers will never allow anything to reduce costs.
    It's honestly sad to say that the influx of the NASCAR dollar, while greatly increasing the exposure of the dirt world, has done nothing but harm.
    I've been saying this for years. Those car/part manufactures get the money back they spend in series/track sponsorship 10 fold. They are never going to allow anything that would hurt their bottom dollar.

I've also said the same about the NASCAR dollar. Kenny Wallace will tell you there is no such thing as NASCAR money though. lol
    Mike

Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by dirt farmer View Post
    Pennsboro32 hit the nail on the head, till the big series take a stand ant nothing going change. Just my opinion but when they do then the tracks will get behind them and do something on the local level.
    I agree Pennsboro32 hit the nail on the head, but the big series will never take a stand, enforce/change anything as long as people continue to support them.
    Mike

Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    You can't take Lucas Oil's pretty Midwest Sheet Metal orange spoiler away. How would we know who is the series points leader and Lucas get a plug in for Midwest Sheet Metal?
    Mike

Facebook

Bingo.......most dont realize more rules cost more money!

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    Bingo.......most dont realize more rules cost more money!
    Not enforcing rules cost money. There has been a small group complaining about areo and the direction the bodies were heading for over 10 years yet we sit here with these monstrosities we have today slowly killing the sport.
    Mike

Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/DohmRacing/...36951063048530take a look at those bodies from just 11 years ago compared to todays top cars

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    You can't take Lucas Oil's pretty Midwest Sheet Metal orange spoiler away. How would we know who is the series points leader and Lucas get a plug in for Midwest Sheet Metal?
    An orange nose, the other spoiler.

Default # 1 rule to save Late Models, crates , and open wheel mods.

If you try to change the motor .. (how long do u think that would take. Forever.
    If you try to change shocks... forget it.
    THIS... could change racing over night.
    Skinny tires
    Reduce the width of a late model tire. Make a universal tire checker fork.
    Crate late model . Reduce the width even more.
    Open wheel. Reduce the width even more.

The best driver would win ... plus action on the track.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Childers View Post
    If you try to change the motor .. (how long do u think that would take. Forever. If you try to change shocks... forget it. THIS... could change racing over night. Skinny tires Reduce the width of a late model tire. Make a universal tire checker fork. Crate late model . Reduce the width even more. Open wheel. Reduce the width even more.The best driver would win ... plus action on the track.
    i wasnt aware mods need saving.

Quote Originally Posted by chopter33 View Post
    i wasnt aware mods need saving.
    They just did when they outlawed pretty much everything about Hoffmans car lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    They just did when they outlawed pretty much everything about Hoffmans car lol
    Im really surprised you are still allowed to run a #2.