Default Trophy Cup at Tulare

The 2021 version of the Trophy Cup didn't disappoint and I'm amazed that with the rain over much of California the last several days that it even happened. It should be on every Sprint car fan's bucket list and the Tulare Thunderbowl is the perfect venue for it.

The 360 winged cars turned out in good numbers, about 85 each of the 3 nights I believe. This is a favorite of teams from all over the country with it's generous purses and point fund. Four thousand to the winners each night and not a Dolly Parton type payoff through the field. The format is designed so every time you hit the track it counts and you really have to be on your game all 3 nights to claim the title.

Buddy Kofoid captured the win Thursday, Rico Abreu won on Friday and Ryan Timms captured the final on Saturday with Kofoid's 4th place garnering him this year's championship and a $27,000 payout.

The race is charity driven with the Make A Wish group the beneficiary and this year sent $250,000 into their account making the total since the Trophy Cup's inception $2,250,000. Pretty impressive bucks going to a very popular foundation.

Quote Originally Posted by over4T View Post
    The 2021 version of the Trophy Cup didn't disappoint and I'm amazed that with the rain over much of California the last several days that it even happened. It should be on every Sprint car fan's bucket list and the Tulare Thunderbowl is the perfect venue for it.

The 360 winged cars turned out in good numbers, about 85 each of the 3 nights I believe. This is a favorite of teams from all over the country with it's generous purses and point fund. Four thousand to the winners each night and not a Dolly Parton type payoff through the field. The format is designed so every time you hit the track it counts and you really have to be on your game all 3 nights to claim the title.

Buddy Kofoid captured the win Thursday, Rico Abreu won on Friday and Ryan Timms captured the final on Saturday with Kofoid's 4th place garnering him this year's championship and a $27,000 payout.

The race is charity driven with the Make A Wish group the beneficiary and this year sent $250,000 into their account making the total since the Trophy Cup's inception $2,250,000. Pretty impressive bucks going to a very popular foundation.
    Nice overview, over4T.

Being that wings aren't my favorite (but they race pretty good from a spectator standpoint) I'm not all that aware of the Trophy Cup event. Sounds like an entertaining and class event with a fair and balanced payout.

Just curious, over, how big of a deal is this event on the west coast?

Tulare is a fun track to attend, went there a number of times, does Steve Faria still promote the place?

LMM

CIRF. The T Cup is a very big deal around the country for any team that is a 360 winged one and it regularly draws Pennsylvania guys, WoO guys like Jac Haudenschild who wasn't there this year as his career is winding down, Washington and Oregon cars, etc. etc. I've been a couple times even though I'm a stock car guy and it's always a very good show and the track is challenging and definitely one of our favorites but rarely runs the fendered stuff.

I didn't get into much detail about the event as 4m isn't the biggest Sprint forum , to put it mildly, and I'm not a cut and paste computer guy. I'm sure Hoseheads has discussions about it and the event has their own website at Trophy Cup.com.

USAC/CRA was at Perris this weekend for the non winged stuff but I don't know how that went.

LMM, I think Faria is still involved but I'm not sure if he is the main guy there anymore. But don't quote me,

.USAC/CRA was at Perris this weekend for the non winged stuff but I don't know how that went.
    Did Larson win the Trophy Cup once or twice? I don't remember hearing that he did.

Damion Gardner won the USAC/CRA A-main at Perris. I watched the Perris event on Flo. Charles Davis Jr. led a bunch of the A-main but Gardner got around him at about 1/2 way. Brody Roa was fast and might have had something for The Demon but Roa got tangled up in a turn 3 Austin Williams crash and was relegated to the rear of the field but worked his way back up to 4th. I don't think Roa and Gardner like each other much! LOL!

Gardner is one of those love him/hate him kind of personality's. We hung with him and his crew a bit at Turkey Night back in 2012 and a couple of times at Terre Haute and he's always been cordial and gracious to us. I'm pretty sure Richard "Gasman" Griffin isn't a fan of The Demon! LOL!

Kyle won it back in 2013 for his only victory in the event. Haudenschild did it 3 times but Brent Kaeding has the most with 4 while his sons Tim with 3 and Bud with 1 are the most dominant family. Two time WoO Champ and area resident Jason Myers took two Cups. Rico won the one in 2019 with no race last year.(Covid)

Tried to check out the Perris show myself on Flo but it was on a break so went back to my LM stuff. Glad you enjoyed it and I'll just say the Damion is tenacious and seemed pleasant enough the couple of times I was around him.

I didn't get into much detail about the event as 4m isn't the biggest Sprint forum , to put it mildly, and I'm not a cut and paste computer guy.,
    If I want to read serious dirt open wheel stuff this is not the most advantageous venue but luckily there is at least one message board that is quite accommodating for those who actually want to have a meaningful and informative conversation. The clowns, and their silly attempts at put downs and insults, that post in any of the sections here wouldn't last 3 posts on the dirt open wheel board. They actually don't allow jerk off's to post very long, unlike here.