Default Ground clearance

I'm cutting up and old chassis to gain some ground clearance how high should everything be off the ground at 5" of shock travel on the RF? Just trying to figure in tire "squish" and deflection...

With an older car, your likely to not be able to get the ground clearance that a new car will have and I would go for as much as you can get. The RF corner of the crossmember/rack will likely be your problem and/or the front of the RF strut mounting point. If you can get around 1" of clearance at 5" you probably did a hell of a job.

obviously, this doesn't mean you can travel 5" and never hit

[QUOTE=billetbirdcage;2415711]With an older car, your likely to not be able to get the ground clearance that a new car will have and I would go for as much as you can get. The RF corner of the crossmember/rack will likely be your problem and/or the front of the RF strut mounting point. If you can get around 1" of clearance at 5" you probably did a hell of a job.

I'm making all new crossmembers and raising frame rail higher. This car already has 1.5" of clearance on the rf strut bolt and 3" at the lowest part of the rack at 5" of travel... I was wondering how much clearance maybe a more modern car would have...