Default AN Radiator hose

Junked my last Radiator on Saturday. Going to switch to the AN style top hose what do you guys recommend the -16 or -20 and why thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ckyracer00 View Post
    Junked my last Radiator on Saturday. Going to switch to the AN style top hose what do you guys recommend the -16 or -20 and why thanks
    -20, never been a huge fan of the AN radiator lines just due to the small size they typically are. Typical upper normal hose is 1.5" and a AN 16 is 1" and 20 is 1.25"

Also keep in mind that many of the fittings, elbows, etc may have a much smaller ID then the hose so watch that also if your concerned with flow/restriction in the upper hose area
    Last edited by billetbirdcage; 10-27-2021 at 04:59 PM.

Thanks Billet. I never even considered the size thing, but you’re right. It is quite a bit of restriction from a regular hose. I think I’m going to start recommending regular hoses.

I wouldn't run one at all but if I did it would have to be a 20. It's way too much expense for zero gain in my opinion

Another thing that pisses me off, with the sortage on parts and fitting I had to get 2 different brands of 20 fittings (fragola and aeroquip) GO FIGURE THEY ARE 2 DIFFERENT SIZE NUTS ON THEM! Had to make 2 different wrenches just for upper radiator hose. I wouldn't have used an AN but the motor has an AN welded to the intake and had no choice. Gonna be fun when someone gets in a hurry and cross threads that thing and messes up the threads on the intake and have to pull it to cut fitting off. As a matter of fact I may just order a new water manifold and get rid of it before that happens and screws us at the track.