Default Good Show at Georgetown

Very well produced and very good racing tonight on the fast 1/2 mile. The entire broadcast was very well done with a calm informative announcer, a camera person who understands racing and doesn't just follow the first car or two and shows the action all over the track. A scroll across the top of the screen telling who and where as all broadcasts should and a nice little extra that gave the order of the races scheduled so you don't have to sit through a bunch of stuff you're not interested in. Tip of the hat to Georgetown and whoever Flo had contracted for the broadcast. Many tracks could and should take a lesson from their broadcast team.

The Short Track Super Series Championship night for the small block center steer Mods with Billy Pauch, Jr. taking his 5th win in a row but not the Championship. Good race but nobody could catch Pauch. The apple didn't fall far from the tree in that family and Billy Sr. surely was proud.

The Super Lates put on a great main on a track not generally known for good SLM shows with Ross Robinson giving his 'horn a win with Trevor Feathers really making him earn it after swapping the lead with Robinson several times. Rick Eckert scored a nice third after the redraw had him start mid pack. Amanda Robinson was 4th with Kyle Hardy falling to 5th after a strong run against R. Robinson over the first part of the main.

It was a great night of racing in both classes!! Congrats to Robinson on the win, pretty emotional as well as he recently lost his dad. Hardy and Feathers had a hell of a battle early on as they reeled in the 7 for the lead, then of course the great ending. Feathers passed him on the last lap but Robinson was able to get him back in 3 and 4 coming to the checkered..

And the northeast mods always put on a great show. A bunch of da mn good drivers. As long as they have a decent track to race and pass on they are great to watch. But thats the case with any division..

After hearing/reading about Pauch Sr. for years I enjoy following his daughter Mandy on her Youtube page. She covers the teams race nights pretty well ( as well as her fiance's #35).

She has reported form all the tracks they run each year...Georgetown being one of them. I still love all those old 1/2 mile horse tracks.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    After hearing/reading about Pauch Sr. for years I enjoy following his daughter Mandy on her Youtube page. She covers the teams race nights pretty well ( as well as her fiance's #35).She has reported form all the tracks they run each year...Georgetown being one of them. I still love all those old 1/2 mile horse tracks.
    35 wrapped up the title too

Krooser, I too loved the old horse tracks. They're where I began racing in the midwest in the late '50s (19 not 18) at the county fairgrounds. Had long ago forgotten one thing about them.

Couple of years ago Rattlesnake Raceway, one of the high desert Nevada tracks we run on occasion, had a couple of weeks off and wanting to try to get the track to hold some moisture had gotten some material from a local ranch and blended it into the track. We ran the next race and when we got home the next morning the dogs went nuts for the race car's wheels before we washed it. You guessed it, it was horse manure, fresh, sticky and stinky.

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    After hearing/reading about Pauch Sr. for years I enjoy following his daughter Mandy on her Youtube page. She covers the teams race nights pretty well ( as well as her fiance's #35).

She has reported form all the tracks they run each year...Georgetown being one of them. I still love all those old 1/2 mile horse tracks.
    Same here!! Been watching them a couple years now. Mahaney and and the entire Pauch family are great people and talented for sure..