Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I’m just sick of the small team poor pitiful me talk. Guy has had brand new parts to go on his brand new racecars for about 6 years now. Act like you’ve been there before

Carpenter did what he thought he had to do to win last night and can't really fault him for that. But running his yap afterwards may come back and bite him. A lot of experience in this sport for a lot of years has taught me, if nothing else, that ticking off your competition will often motivate them to come back at you harder than you expect. You'd better be ready to expect the same blocking and/or rough driving you gave out.

Racing can be a very humbling sport and allowing yourself a few minutes to cool off afterwards before running your mouth, especially at tight tracks where you should know going in that it's not going to be a cakewalk.

A pro like Thornton could also benefit from this advice.

If you have a DirtonDirt account read what Sheppard has to say about the situation. That’s a guy that understands the sport as good as anyone, and he calls it like he sees it. The 28 is a jackwagon

Quote Originally Posted by over4T View Post
    Carpenter did what he thought he had to do to win last night and can't really fault him for that. But running his yap afterwards may come back and bite him. A lot of experience in this sport for a lot of years has taught me, if nothing else, that ticking off your competition will often motivate them to come back at you harder than you expect. You'd better be ready to expect the same blocking and/or rough driving you gave out.

Racing can be a very humbling sport and allowing yourself a few minutes to cool off afterwards before running your mouth, especially at tight tracks where you should know going in that it's not going to be a cakewalk.

A pro like Thornton could also benefit from this advice.
    He sure didn't make any friends last night. Well said!

Quote Originally Posted by over4T View Post
    Carpenter did what he thought he had to do to win last night and can't really fault him for that. But running his yap afterwards may come back and bite him. A lot of experience in this sport for a lot of years has taught me, if nothing else, that ticking off your competition will often motivate them to come back at you harder than you expect. You'd better be ready to expect the same blocking and/or rough driving you gave out. Racing can be a very humbling sport and allowing yourself a few minutes to cool off afterwards before running your mouth, especially at tight tracks where you should know going in that it's not going to be a cakewalk. A pro like Thornton could also benefit from this advice.
    I am not a Carpenter fan at all but I didn’t think he did anything wrong that caused Thornton and Sheppard to get taken out. That said, I don’t think he will ever attract any serious help sponsorship wise because of the way he handles himself off track. Sometimes you just need to shut up and let people wonder if your an idiot. He removes all doubt every time he speaks.

Quote Originally Posted by B_K View Post
    Talk your talk, but when you end up on your lid you better not say sh!t.
    I don’t think you meant it as one, but I think that’s a pretty good prediction of where the 28 will end up this weekend at some point.

I like watching him be aggressive, and he seems like he probably knows he’s got one coming to him……you know what I don’t see anywhere this morning though?? Any of his idiot fans making excuses for his driving.

Not one brake pad or throttle sticking excuse anywhere…..very refreshing.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

The last 2 sentences in post #45 are pretty spot on.
    Should make for good entertainment the next 2 nights.
    I love when they shove that mic right in their face when their temper is gonna override the brain every time. RTJ, that was some serious potty mouth. Didn't think he had it in him.
    8/13/16

It says on DoD that Jamey Zidars left front got into the right rear of Carpenter and it caused Zidars car to turn towards the infield collecting Sheppard and Rtj. How was that Carpenters fault.

If some of these guys aren't expecting contact to happen every race, every lap they should probably load up, go home and sip eggnog.
    Last edited by NeedforLM$peed; 12-03-2021 at 11:43 AM.
    2021 race count
    6 events

I like the fact that he's very aggressive but he don't have to be so ignorant about everything

And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

BBQ, true, and I don’t really have a problem with his talking (not my style, but whatever), as long as he understands what is 100% coming to him sometime soon. The whole not here to make friends thing is fine, but you take it too far and you make enemies. Enemies are expensive in this sport and if you’re always crying about low funding (and he is), you’re being counterproductive to your cause in the long term.

Never met any of them, they just always seem to have a lot going on. More power to them. Makes for some good Springer type sideshow entertainment, but it takes the focus off of the fact the guy is a pretty decent wheelman too much IMO.

I have no issue with his driving, his mouth is another issue. When his little girls talk like him, he'll wonder why. When sponsors won't pay for his racing, he'll wonder why.

My point was it not only effects him, but others in the sport as well. I have no problem with the 'personality', just clean it up when your in the spot light (I am no saint and can curse with the best of them, but know the time and place). Races like this would be great to show potential sponsors- until the winner stands in victory lane with a mouth like that....

ricky msnbc thornton

Putting Bloomer into the wall? Har Har

Get ready. There is going to be a bunch of hurt feelings the next couple days. Just look at the size of the track, right?

The only thing that put Blooomers into the wall was his premature entry.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Drop Shock View Post
    If you have a DirtonDirt account read what Sheppard has to say about the situation. That’s a guy that understands the sport as good as anyone, and he calls it like he sees it. The 28 is a jackwagon
    He was wrong about the part of the touring guys racing with respect or getting junked part. Those guys arent allowed to touch each on or off the track if they have a problem. The rest of the stuff I can agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    The only thing that put Blooomers into the wall was his premature entry.
    Your glasses are fogged from all that hot air too... 😆

Quote Originally Posted by lmcryn2 View Post
    Your glasses are fogged from all that hot air too... 
    At least he can see!😎

That ain't what your mom said...HAHAHAHAHAHA