Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

BREAKING: Midgets will not be a part of the Gateway Dirt Nationals in 2022! BUT WAIT THERES MORE! The Gateway Dirt Nationals is set for three more years in the Dome
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    BREAKING: Midgets will not be a part of the Gateway Dirt Nationals in 2022! BUT WAIT THERES MORE! The Gateway Dirt Nationals is set for three more years in the Dome
    Great news on both counts! Given the lack of support by top echelon midget competitors (Chris Windom being the lone exception) they won't be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    That's really no surprise since O'Reilly's signed like a 5 year presenting deal in 2019
    2021 race count
    6 events

Quote Originally Posted by lmcryn2 View Post
    That ain't what your mom said...HAHAHAHAHAHA
    I know she said you're a rogue! 😉

Never really thought of Oklahoma as a hot bed for Midgets but Jonathan Beason who swept all 3 nights at Gateway is another impressive Okie. He adds to teenage Timms and Macintosh who were impressive at Placerville and Ventura last week. Has the Chili Bowl in Tulsa fostered the Midgets interest or was the interest always there?

I was a little surprised at the lack of big names in St. Louis but enjoyed the little cars as usual and hate to see them dropped in the coming years.

Don't like midgets

I enjoy the midgets over the mods. Midget feature was the best of the 3 in my opinion. Gonna miss em.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    The only thing that put Blooomers into the wall was his premature entry.
    Twice 😉..........
    8/13/16

The midget feature was the best of the 3 last night. I was a little disappointed in the late model feature after all the drama on Thursday. I felt the race could of been longer for what they pay out .

I also enjoyed the midget feature and thought they were best suited for the size of the track. To bad, they will not be back next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside HustIer25 View Post
    Butt'm sure I could have done better, even at my age, and never been in a racecar........... 
    I like how he has done it a lot better then you've never tryed........... 🤘😁

You guys whining about interviews act like dirt late model racing is a big deal. Its not its just dirt track racing it could easily be said its at the bottom of dirt track racing even there are far more tracks with street stocks bombers modifieds etc. than super late models.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    I think you guys could be competitive out there with your truck motor.
    Nice!!!!!
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by Highside HustIer25 View Post
    Butt'm sure I could have done better, even at my age, and never been in a racecar........... 
    Well, the Blackman lives😁😄😆😉.
    Where ya been lil fella? Replacing front end parts on Bloomers hot rod?🤪
    Was worried you were caught up in a Chtcago driveby.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by over4T View Post
    Never really thought of Oklahoma as a hot bed for Midgets but Jonathan Beason who swept all 3 nights at Gateway is another impressive Okie. He adds to teenage Timms and Macintosh who were impressive at Placerville and Ventura last week. Has the Chili Bowl in Tulsa fostered the Midgets interest or was the interest always there?

I was a little surprised at the lack of big names in St. Louis but enjoyed the little cars as usual and hate to see them dropped in the coming years.
    over4T, Beason runs very good at The Chili Bowl. IIRC he's won a prelim night A-main and has been on the podium on his prelim night on 2 other occasions. Not an easy accomplishment! Factor in Christopher Bell, McIntosh and Timms the Oklahoma midget contingent give a very good account of themselves. Donnie Ray Crawford was also on his way to making significant waves in the midget ranks prior to his untimely murder.

The dome thing has fallen out of favor with most of the big names of midget racing. There were 80 invitations extended and only 20 of those 80 were accepted with Windom, Beason, Ronnie Gardner and maybe a couple of others like Shane Cottle being the best known choosing to show up. I could be wrong but I'd bet a dollar that there will be twice as many cars at the Du Quoin USAC midget show in two weeks as was at the dome.

It's sad that the midgets are loathe to support the dome deal, thus being dropped from the show, since the small cars put on a much better show on that particular track than the larger mods and DLM's.

I have to admit that the track was in very good shape for the Saturday night late model A-main than it was the previous 2 nights and earlier in the show on Saturday. Kudo's to Kevin for making that happen!

CIRF, There's lots of very competitive Midgets out here, as you know, and didn't know the Dome had turned off so many people. Purse is pretty good and no one goes to those shows to make money anyways so Corona's Gardner being the only guy from California to make the trip was puzzling.

I suppose part of why I liked the show (won't call it racing) is I got to watch somebody else's equipment get the tar beat out of it for a change.

Got a few minor things to fix on the old car and lot of stuff to do on the new car before our '22 season begins New year's Day, weather permitting, so on a nice 65 degree day guess it's out to the shop.

Quote Originally Posted by over4T View Post
    CIRF, There's lots of very competitive Midgets out here, as you know, and didn't know the Dome had turned off so many people. Purse is pretty good and no one goes to those shows to make money anyways so Corona's Gardner being the only guy from California to make the trip was puzzling.
    Yes there are plenty of top flight midgets out your way, over4T. We watched a bunch of them mix it up quite nicely with the Midwestern guys and gals at Placerville and Ventura the weekend before Thanksgiving and Thanksgiving weekend! Just got home from out your way yesterday and we're already talking about next year. Hope we can hook up for a beer or two next year!!

Good luck New Years Day and throughout next season!!

Maybe they should have paid the midget racers more money.