Default Chase Elliott Going Dirt Open Wheel Racing Again

Looks like Chase Elliott has been bitten by the dirt open wheel bug. Elliott will be racing a 360 sprint car in California late this month. Great to see big name drivers race the open wheel cars on the dirt.

Hopefully Elliott will race a midget at Ventura for The Turkey Night Grand Prix. Since we're making the trip to the west coast for some of the racing leading up to Turkey Night and for Turkey Night itself it would be very cool to see Chase drive a midget in person again. We watched him give a decent account of himself at The Chili Bowl last January. He didn't look nearly as inept as bloomy and super man did at their dismal attempts to get a golden driller..............right late model hacks? LOL!

https://www.speedsport.com/sprints-m...int-car-debut/

CIRF, come on my brother, why the snippy jabs at the DLM shoes? You hate it when folks may jab at the stuff you like, be nice, not snarky. Turkey night should be good at Ventura but nothing like Ascot that I attended from 65 until Ascot went away in 90. Enjoy your trip out to my former home state and get a In 'N Out burger while out there, a double-double, fries and a choc-o-late shake.

LMM

Quote Originally Posted by Late_Model_Mark View Post
    CIRF, come on my brother, why the snippy jabs at the DLM shoes? You hate it when folks may jab at the stuff you like, be nice, not snarky. Turkey night should be good at Ventura but nothing like Ascot that I attended from 65 until Ascot went away in 90. Enjoy your trip out to my former home state and get a In 'N Out burger while out there, a double-double, fries and a choc-o-late shake.

LMM
    I'm relatively sure you know none of that stuff is directed towards you and what I posted is irrefutable truth. I've explained myself several times. I have the utmost respect and admiration for the guys I mentioned above but they just aren't competitive outside of their comfort zone's. It's fun to take a jab or two at some of the hacks from the generic late model board who come to the sprint car board but can't post because A. They don't want to incriminate themselves of reading what's posted here. B. They don't have the guts or access to correct information to refute what I post. There are a couple of hacks on the generic DLM board that are obsessed with me and what I post on the DLM board and I'm convinced they're aching to send some snarky obsession my way here but they can't and save face at the same time! LOL!

I don't hate it when someone takes a jab at what I enjoy because, as I've said many times, I enjoy DLM's as much as anything that races on dirt but I also recognize that there is very entertaining racing within the dirt open wheel ranks. Some can't accept that fact. I back up what I post with facts and if I am in error I'll humbly stand corrected. I enjoy posting irrefutable facts and stirring the $hit simultaneously!

I've personally been told by a national hall of famer who drove and won races and championships in DLM's, mortified's and 5 national divisions of dirt open wheel racecars that wingless 410 sprint cars & full on midgets require more talent, bravery and skill than DLM's. In my world his word is golden over anyone who posts here!
    Last edited by CIRF; 11-02-2021 at 07:47 PM.

A very fair and respectful answer, must be Jack Hewitt you are referring to.

LMM

A very fair and respectful answer, must be Jack Hewitt you are referring to.

LMM
    Lucky guess, right Mark? LOL!!

I am always respectful when I'm respected. It's only when I'm disrespected for having a particular opinion or point of view that I put forth the trusty snark. I can be as childish as anyone but it's always reactionary as opposed to proactive.

It does, however, put a smile on my face knowing some of the DLM landscape "experts" (LOL!) and those who I motivate to obsess over everything I post read stuff like this and can't/won't respond here. Same goes for the clowns who claim to have me on ignore when it's obvious they read what I post. It's just some very small bits of life's satisfactions! LOL!

It is because of the respectful tone on this side of the board is why I gravitate here more often. As much as I love and announce DLM racing, to me on the oval side, there was nothing better than a C.R.A. show at Ascot, period. Just like I will say that my all time favorite of anything was just 10 miles from Ascot, the over 150 races I attended at the greatest drag strip of all time, Lions Drag Strip.

Can you imagine CIRF a track drawing 10,000 to 12,000 for a 2-car Top Fuel match race let's say between Chris "the golden greek" Karamensines and "TV" Tommy Ivo, it was epic, my dad used to belly-ache cuz a show like that cost $1.50 and the pit pass was $1.00!

LMM

It is because of the respectful tone on this side of the board is why I gravitate here more often. As much as I love and announce DLM racing, to me on the oval side, there was nothing better than a C.R.A. show at Ascot, period. Just like I will say that my all time favorite of anything was just 10 miles from Ascot, the over 150 races I attended at the greatest drag strip of all time, Lions Drag Strip.

Can you imagine CIRF a track drawing 10,000 to 12,000 for a 2-car Top Fuel match race let's say between Chris "the golden greek" Karamensines and "TV" Tommy Ivo, it was epic, my dad used to belly-ache cuz a show like that cost $1.50 and the pit pass was $1.00!

LMM
    I know this is going to sound like "oneupmanship" but I swear this is true. I was just a kid, not even in middle school and my older cousin took me to Broadway Bob's Great Lakes Dragway in Union Grove, Wisconsin for a big show Bob put on every summer in those days. We saw TV Tommy and The Golden Greek run a grudge race. Can't remember who won!

They raced Saturday nights in those days and my cousin raced a 57 Chevy Bel Aire with a punched out 283 and a 4 speed that he flat towed all the way up to Union Grove behind a 70 something 1/2 ton Chevy pickup! There was 4 of us with me being the youngest and I'd bet we didn't have $150.00 total among us! LOL! We had a freekin' blast. I saw some female anatomy that night that I probably shouldn't have been exposed to but it didn't seem to cause me any character flaws. LOL!