Thread: Attn: CIRF

Default Attn: CIRF

Stockton Dirt Track closes their season this weekend with Friday featuring the Winged 360 Sprints (SCCT rules), the non wing Hunt Magneto Series Sprints, Dwarfs and the Tri State Pro Stock Tour (us)season final. It's also the 38th Memorial of the Preacher, Gary Patterson, one of the West's best ever open wheel guys. The legendary restored car of Walt Ross that Gary got a ton of wins in will be on display near the grandstands. Extra added attraction will be an autograph session with 20 time WoO Champ, Steve Kinser.

Saturday night features the King of the West winged 410s and the 360 SCCT cars again. We had pretty good rain yesterday, sunny today and a couple of showers expected tomorrow and clear for the weekend. Knowing that, promotor Tony Noceti's crew of mid valley farmers that do the track prep should have the black dirt 4/10s lightning fast and a lot of cushion. Should be a lot of cars both nights and some good hard racing.

Should be a great weekend and we hope to finish our season out with a good run. Someone is probably broadcasting it but I don't know who. One of the computer guys more adept than me may know. CIRF would like this show.

Quote Originally Posted by over4T View Post
    Stockton Dirt Track closes their season this weekend with Friday featuring the Winged 360 Sprints (SCCT rules), the non wing Hunt Magneto Series Sprints, Dwarfs and the Tri State Pro Stock Tour (us)season final. It's also the 38th Memorial of the Preacher, Gary Patterson, one of the West's best ever open wheel guys. The legendary restored car of Walt Ross that Gary got a ton of wins in will be on display near the grandstands. Extra added attraction will be an autograph session with 20 time WoO Champ, Steve Kinser.

Saturday night features the King of the West winged 410s and the 360 SCCT cars again. We had pretty good rain yesterday, sunny today and a couple of showers expected tomorrow and clear for the weekend. Knowing that, promotor Tony Noceti's crew of mid valley farmers that do the track prep should have the black dirt 4/10s lightning fast and a lot of cushion. Should be a lot of cars both nights and some good hard racing.

Should be a great weekend and we hope to finish our season out with a good run. Someone is probably broadcasting it but I don't know who. One of the computer guys more adept than me may know. CIRF would like this show.
    Thanks for the heads up, over4T. I'm going to be keeping an eye on the Oval Nationals down at Perris all weekend but will look around for an internet broadcast of the activities at Stockton to watch on a second TV in the family room.

We're planning a road trip out west to catch some of the USAC midget racing leading up to, and including, the Turkey Night Grand Prix. If you happen to attend the Hangtown 100 at Placerville or Turkey Night at Ventura please give me a heads up. We'll introduce ourselves and I'd be happy to buy a round of beers!!

Cirf, The Stockton show tonight and tomorrow is on Flo. Don't know if it's all classes or what but it'll give you something to flip around with the Oval Nat'ls. Watch for our 4T if they show the Pro Stocks.

How'd you like the Thursday main at Perris? Photo finish main with a pretty eventful last lap. Good show.

I'm loaded and ready for tonight, leaving in a couple of hours. Supposed to be around mid 60s tonight so should be a pleasant November evening.

Quote Originally Posted by over4T View Post
    Cirf, The Stockton show tonight and tomorrow is on Flo. Don't know if it's all classes or what but it'll give you something to flip around with the Oval Nat'ls. Watch for our 4T if they show the Pro Stocks.

How'd you like the Thursday main at Perris? Photo finish main with a pretty eventful last lap. Good show.

I'm loaded and ready for tonight, leaving in a couple of hours. Supposed to be around mid 60s tonight so should be a pleasant November evening.

Best of luck, over!! I'll make an appoint to pay close attention to the pro stocks.

I'll be keeping one eye on the activities at Stockton and the other on the Oval's at Perris. The Thursday night A-main at Perris was superb! I don't recall ever seeing a race any closer than the finish. We've been to Perris more than a half dozen times over the years, twice for the 3 night Oval's and the 2012 Turkey Night Grand Prix. We've never been to any nicer facility. My only gripe is that for the bigger shows they draw things out a bit too much.

The time we were in Cali for Turkey Night we didn't fly home until the Sunday after Thanksgiving. We had a couple of days to look around spent Friday in Temecula wine country. Actually spent some time in the old part of Temecula, which was very cool. Looked around Lake Skinner a bit, as well. I dearly love Southern California but I can't afford to live there and wouldn't want to if I had to live anywhere but out in rural area.

Quite a night at Stockton. Had the car set for a stickier track than we got when it went dry slick , rough and a couple of pretty good ruts to fight.

We didn't qualify there, just went by a pill draw. Got a respectable 4th in our heat and should have started second row for the main but the top 12 from had a redraw for the main which put us 6th. It was a struggle to pass with the ruts and the left rear spring went flat which didn't help things. We'd pass one car then lose a spot, get back to them and have trouble repassing them and ended up with, I think, a 7th. Not the night we'd hoped for but that's why it's called racing and not winning. Car got no damage so that's a plus.

Justin Crockett won his 4th of the Tour season and also eked out the Championship and was happy for our friend. Richard Brace, Jr. who dominated the early part of the season finished 3rd and 2nd for the Championship. He took off for home after our main, 'bout 90 miles up near us, to unload and will be headed back tonight with his 410 Winged Sprint for the King of the West race.

If you watched the 360s you know it was pretty much a disaster with the ruts resulting in several flips; pretty much one lap and a red, repeat, repeat. Hope the track's better tonight. Dominic Scelzi won his 22nd race of the season with the SCCT series and is pretty much a lock for that Championship. If that name sounds familiar, especially to any drag race fans it's because his dad, Gary, was a top dog for years in the NHRA Funny Cars.

Hunt Magneto non wings had their their troubles too with one friend of ours' in only his 2nd try with them doing a nasty endo. Didn't watch the rest of their main as we wanted to load and head home. Got ranch stuff the rest of the weekend; couple of cords of downed trees to cut/split and other fun stuff.