Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Car count at charlotte

Has anyone heard a car count.

Heard they didn’t open registration...
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

I'm currently at the hotel.. went to the track around 2:30 and found out it was postponed. Walked the pits and did a rough count so dont anyone blast me if I'm way off. I'd guess 45 late models, 40 Sprint cars and 30 Big Blocks. REMEMBER.. this is from closed haulers so it's a total guess based on haulers. Hopefully more arrived after we left or will come in on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtSLMracing View Post
    I'm currently at the hotel.. went to the track around 2:30 and found out it was postponed. Walked the pits and did a rough count so dont anyone blast me if I'm way off. I'd guess 45 late models, 40 Sprint cars and 30 Big Blocks. REMEMBER.. this is from closed haulers so it's a total guess based on haulers. Hopefully more arrived after we left or will come in on Friday.

I'd say your pretty close. They usually bring in 130 - 140 cars I was going to guess around 120 this yr.

My race pass currently shows 29 Late Models signed in along with 43 each for big blocks and sprints. I imagine the late model number will get to 50 before hotlaps.

Brandon Overton will be in jason sides back up car tonight

2021 race count
    6 events

Did anybody notice that Strickler has a different hauler? It looks like the TurnKey disaster unit.

Quote Originally Posted by SlicktoSlime View Post
    Did anybody notice that Strickler has a different hauler? It looks like the TurnKey disaster unit.
    He has had that for most of the year I believe.

I think there was a thread awhile back arguing whether or not it was the same hauler.
    2021 race count
    6 events

#WorldFinals Night 1 Car Count:47 Late Models46 Sprints40 Big Blocks
    "The closer you are to the fence, the less it hurts when you hit it"-Jack Hewitt "

Smallest ever slm count for this event I believe.

Went back and looked. Not including 2020 it looks like it ranges between 65 to 86 (2015).
    2021 race count
    6 events

Is the #354 is there. lol
    2021 race count
    6 events

yes, 354 is in the house.

Quote Originally Posted by johnE View Post
    Smallest ever slm count for this event I believe.
    I'd guess the weather forecast played a role for some not to make the trip. I've attended and wore shorts, T's and a light hoodie. I've also rocked the insulated Carhartt collection all weekend. Glad I didn't make the trip this year.

65 - 86 or 47, they still start the same for the A main so I’m good as the upper league teams and drivers usually make the field. First time I’ve ever seen the BB modifieds in person and feature was pretty good. Awesome job to the 17 year old getting his first series win. I thought all 3 features were good actually. The #14 Australian in the sprint feature came out of nowhere there at the end. Think he had something for David had there been more laps or a caution.

They need to do a invite only to what they can call championship night, 24 cars in each division. Up the purse so that each starter gets a min of 700 dollars. Pay the winner 10 grand and have a decent purse to 700. Run qualifiers, 2 per division, 12 cars in each for 40 laps. Second day, you run 75 lap slm and mod races, sprints for 50 laps. The format they have stinks and they want to extent it for another day ? Why ? The crowd , to me anyhow, seems to get less and less every year.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    They need to do a invite only to what they can call championship night, 24 cars in each division. Up the purse so that each starter gets a min of 700 dollars. Pay the winner 10 grand and have a decent purse to 700. Run qualifiers, 2 per division, 12 cars in each for 40 laps. Second day, you run 75 lap slm and mod races, sprints for 50 laps. The format they have stinks and they want to extent it for another day ? Why ? The crowd , to me anyhow, seems to get less and less every year.
    Yet they sell out every year. Dafuq are you talking about?

Again, what is your obsession of what 15th pays?

I find it hard to believe it sells out every year. Is this written somewhere for proof?
    2021 race count
    6 events