Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLM$peed View Post
    I find it hard to believe it sells out every year. Is this written somewhere for proof?
    In 2018, they announced they were sold out for the 11th straight year- https://speedwaydigest.com/index.php...m-world-finals

Currently there are just 25 pairs of tickets (and counting) available for purchase on the website.

https://www.ticketmaster.com/event/2...466.1636148756

Hmmm......
    2021 race count
    6 events

No sell out this yr and prolly sell lest tickets next yr as they go to 4 day show and more $ for Xtra day

Well I'm sitting here watching it live and I see empty seats all over the place. 4 days for what ?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Well I'm sitting here watching it live and I see empty seats all over the place. 4 days for what ?
    Not everybodies butt stays glued to their seats all the time at this show. Sprint car people will vanish when the late models and mods are on track. We get it dude, you dont like the event. Shut it off and save us all from reading your senseless and useless posts later.

lol Not all seats sold have butts in them! There were a lot of empty seats near me at Eldora, but those seats were sold.

Quote Originally Posted by T-MAC 39 FAN View Post
    No sell out this yr and prolly sell lest tickets next yr as they go to 4 day show and more $ for Xtra day
    Are you watching? Johnny Gibson just announced this year was indeed sold out!

☝️☝️☝️☝️

I'm here in the stands and yes I just heard him announce it that they were sold out after I posted that they wouldn't. There's a lot of people that didn't use there tickets.

☝️☝️☝️☝️

I'm here in the stands and yes I just heard him announce it that they were sold out after I posted that they wouldn't. There's a lot of people that didn't use there tickets.
    The last sentence is spot on.

☝️☝️☝️☝️

It's a little chilly.

Yea it is but it's all good if there's good racing!😁

It is always sold out. I’ve been and there is nowhere to sit.

I do not like invite only events. Lets hope they never go to invite only event. As far as I am concerned , the car count is acceptable for all classes at this event. There are a lot of people who were affected financially by Covid-19 and health wise. Considering all situations this year , we are fortunate to have the car numbers we have. Lets think about racing NOW ! ENJOY what we have !

They need to do a invite only to what they can call championship night, 24 cars in each division. Up the purse so that each starter gets a min of 700 dollars. Pay the winner 10 grand and have a decent purse to 700. Run qualifiers, 2 per division, 12 cars in each for 40 laps. Second day, you run 75 lap slm and mod races, sprints for 50 laps. The format they have stinks and they want to extent it for another day ? Why ? The crowd , to me anyhow, seems to get less and less every year.
    Dumb idea but thanks for your participation in the thread.

As far as the car count.. I talked to Dan Stone and he felt like there were less Late Models due to tire shortage. He came to Charlotte without tires hoping he could get a hold of some or he would not have been able to race. Several guys he spoke with were not going to take that chance so they didnt make the trip.

Tires definitely played into the car count; as for the sellout on Friday it was packed. Realize a sellout does not always mean 'every seat is sold', it would be an acceptable percentage of what 'total capacity' is.

I find it hard to believe it sells out every year. Is this written somewhere for proof?
    Well let's see...a butt in a dang near every seat, hundreds of people in the pits, and hundreds more in the backstretch hospitality tents. There are some seats on either side of the press box which are obstructed view where you can only see half the track, and they were pretty dang full on Saturday again.

The stands seat 14,000. I figure at least 15,000 are in attendance with the pits and backstretch stands and tents. How much more sold out can you get? For perspective, Portsmouth seats 8,500, Eldora seats 30,000.

There was a sign out front on Saturday that said grandstands sold out. Pit passes only. The hillsides all around the place were packed too

Quote Originally Posted by Jerky View Post
    Well let's see...a butt in a dang near every seat, hundreds of people in the pits, and hundreds more in the backstretch hospitality tents. There are some seats on either side of the press box which are obstructed view where you can only see half the track, and they were pretty dang full on Saturday again.

The stands seat 14,000. I figure at least 15,000 are in attendance with the pits and backstretch stands and tents. How much more sold out can you get? For perspective, Portsmouth seats 8,500, Eldora seats 30,000.
    2019 had 60,000 for the 3 days. I'd say close to 35,000 for the 2 days this year.