Thread: Deck height

Default Deck height

Whats the deck height(at the spoiler), of an xr1 at full droop?

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    Whats the deck height(at the spoiler), of an xr1 at full droop?
    Before or after a crewman goes thru tech with his t bar adjusting impact?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Theirs no clear answer their. I can tell you that the top of the deck bar is generally around 12 3/4" when measured straight down to the rear clip where it receives the rear bumper. If your running woo rules with a puck in the limiter. You'll be pretty close to legal depending on a few other variables

Quote Originally Posted by Jking24 View Post
    Theirs no clear answer their. I can tell you that the top of the deck bar is generally around 12 3/4" when measured straight down to the rear clip where it receives the rear bumper. If your running woo rules with a puck in the limiter. You'll be pretty close to legal depending on a few other variables
    Im trying to get our bg close to an xr1, so i need the ground measurement!

Rocket couldnt give me an answer because of the different frame rails.....roll eyes!

We're having to buy a shorter driveshaft so I wanna be sure to get the right length. We are only 1 inch from bottoming out now with their standard 38" shaft!

Rocket said we only need 3" of yoke engagement, does that seem right to you?

Im trying to get our bg close to an xr1, so i need the ground measurement!

Rocket couldnt give me an answer because of the different frame rails.....roll eyes!

We're having to buy a shorter driveshaft so I wanna be sure to get the right length. We are only 1 inch from bottoming out now with their standard 38" shaft!

Rocket said we only need 3" of yoke engagement, does that seem right to you?
    Seems like you are going about this the hard way. Don't you need to get the geometry right and then ask the droop measurements?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Maybe.........but im assuming getting the deck height is even possible!

I'm not sure I understand what your trying to accomplish. But in any case I believe the xr1 and the Blue Grey rear frame rails are in similar locations at the bumper because that 12 3/4 measurement is pretty close on a bg aswell you don't need to do anything with your deck to figure out driveshaft length. Hang your rear remove the limiter set your maximum bar angles/ travel and check your drive shaft. And the measurement your asking for is gonna vary depending on what rule package the car is racing under. Rocket sells 3 different limiters and has different measurements for each one

Thats just it. I called Rocket and they couldnt give me any measurements other than droop which was approx 4" less for a bg! He said the framerails were too different to compare.

We're just running local shows and all we have is a 39" deck height rule. I would like to get as much as I can without spending an arm and a leg. We are gonna need a new driveshaft so i would like to spend $700 once!

Thats just it. I called Rocket and they couldnt give me any measurements other than droop which was approx 4" less for a bg! He said the framerails were too different to compare.

We're just running local shows and all we have is a 39" deck height rule. I would like to get as much as I can without spending an arm and a leg. We are gonna need a new driveshaft so i would like to spend $700 once!
    They don't want you to have xr1 geometry without paying for it. It would be simple to tell you what to do.

All you need is bar lengths, angles, static pin to pin and extended pin to pin.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 11-11-2021 at 03:07 PM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

I would be willing to bet Clint Smith would be willing to give you a measurement from frame rail to top of t bar in the back.