Default Charlotte 4-wide salute

First trip to the world finals for me in over ten years. I know the 4-wide salute has gotten a bad rap over the last few years (I agree it has gotten over used). I thought the twist they did here last night was pretty cool though. Having all the cars from the A-mains out at once with the 3 series champions side-by-side leading the pack was a refreshing presentation of it. Not any other event we’re they could pull it off. This the first time they’ve done that or been doing it every year at the finals since they expanded to three classes?

It's been done before, though I can't remember if they do it every year. The World Finals have always been the three classes.

No it hasn’t. The first few years, when I went, it was just Supers and Sprints. They added the BB later.

Oh, you're right. I went to the first ten or so of them and I don't remember the mods not being there. My memory sucks!

Since they brought the mods back they started doing this 4 wide. I remember when the bb mods first came to chrlt they would have free tickets at rite aid stores in the south. You could see selected drivers at diff stores and they handed out free tickets. This was only done a couple yrs though. Back up north the places would be mobbed w fans. Here they had very few fans and u could get a handful of tickets. Great times

I believe that T-MAC 39 is right. Done the 4 wide that way since the BB mods have been there but dont remember having the three champions at the front. May have done it before just dont recall.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtSLMracing View Post
    I believe that T-MAC 39 is right. Done the 4 wide that way since the BB mods have been there but dont remember having the three champions at the front. May have done it before just dont recall.
    I don't think they did the champs at front either. They must have clinched the title before Charlotte.

Quote Originally Posted by T-MAC 39 FAN View Post
    I don't think they did the champs at front either. They must have clinched the title before Charlotte.
    All three titles were decided way before Charlotte
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!