Default Kyle WINS THE BIG ONE

Truly an emotional victory for Larson overcoming hurdles to his racing career. Have to say even ole Mud eyes watered up. Thanks to all that gave Kyle Larson a second chance.

I think Tony Stewart really, really, and I mean really wanted Kyle Larson but Ford Motor Company was having none of it after the n-bomb mishap. Everyone who knew how to evaluate talent knew Kyle Larson is the best modern day wheelman in American racing but wokeness was winning out early on. After some dust had settled Rick Hendrick came to Kyle's rescue and even then, sponsors were somewhat staying away. I mean, Hendrick Cars....not really a national sponsor. So yeah, Ford shatt the bed and Rick Hendrick looks like a brain.

I couldn't be happier for Kyle Larson's championship and rubbing the noses of the woke crowd in the pile of dog crap on the floor just like I'm happy for the Atlanta Braves for doing the same to Major League Baseball. Big N had to do their part and black ball Kyle for a while and many of the corporate woke crowd joined in by withholding sponsorship opportunities . Kyle went on to tear it up in sprints while Big N looked like complete fools over "Noosegate". MLB had to stick their noses into the politics of Georgia's election laws - my oh my how terrible you should have a photo ID to vote. MLB takes the All Star game from Atlanta but hey, they wound up with the World Series title.

Yup, thanks to those second chances and congrats to Kyle Larson. A real race car driver.
    Political correctness,...is the inability to speak the truth about the obvious.

Nascar has its gimmicked up Championship. I was worried someone else would win what was rightfully his. The greatest driver I have seen!!! Congrats young money

Congrats Kyle, Mr. Hendrick, and.......CHEVROLET!

Thanks for the snub Fomoco!

Congrats to the greatest driver of our time. And even more important is Larson, by all accounts, is a quality human being. That is becoming increasingly rare not only in motorsports but in all sports.

My wife has pictures of myself and Larson at The Springfield Mile, the Du Quoin Mile in 2011 and at Perris Auto Speedway back in 2012 out in California. I told Kyle at Perris on Thanksgiving Day 2012 that I thought he would be racing on Sundays in a stock car and he would be a lot less accessible in the years to come. I shy away from asking for autographs but I had him sign our Turkey Night program because it was clear he was a great one and that might be my only opportunity. I'm not often correct in my prognostications of those types but for once I was right about him and how great he really is and his historical talent and skill behind the wheel of a racecar.

Larson has brought a bunch of attention to dirt track racing of all kinds from people who would not normally pay any attention to midgets, sprint cars, Silver Crown cars and dirt late models. He represents dirt racing very, very well and may he continue his participation for many years.

I’m fortunate enough to remember when he was just a kid in this Blackwell Motorsports ride.

http://kylelarsonracing.com/old/gall...-ChiliBowl.htm

He’s accomplished something I never thought would happen, got me watching NASCAR again.
    I hate time trials.

Good to see you return to Nascar. Larson is bringing in fans no matter where or what kind of race car he drives. Sport really needs this too. I like Nascar personally and really enjoy the fact I can DVR them, watch them Sunday night and fast forward through the scores of commercials. LOL

Only thing I do not care for is the gimmicked up chase for the championship, but I guess it draws more fans.

I am a true blue ford man , but like was said above , they flat azz dropped the ball on this one , unlike when gorden sh!t on ford and left for hendrick,s , ford had there chance with larson , oh well , any way you are correct cirf , probably the best all around race car driver we will see , but who knows , when your that good a talent , the best rides will find you so this may be just the start....

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    any way you are correct cirf , probably the best all around race car driver we will see , but who knows , when your that good a talent , the best rides will find you so this may be just the start....
    You make a great point, fastford. What owner wouldn't want a talent like Larson to drive their racecar? He's put himself in a position to pick and choose what rides he believes is best suited to his needs and wants.

It wasn't all that long ago that another NASCAR driver named Kyle was being touted as "the greatest of all time". The shine is off that apple and we don't hear much about that Kyle being the greatest anymore. The class, dignity and humility Larson regularly displays is quite refreshing compared to the "tell it like (I think) it is" narcissistic BS and bluster that guys like Stewart and pee wee jr. are famous for.

Pee wee jr never gets old……
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

CIRF, broken down by the forms of the sport KL participated in, what is the total wins for KL in 2021?

This is totally a guess, but I’m gonna say 37
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by lurker View Post
    CIRF, broken down by the forms of the sport KL participated in, what is the total wins for KL in 2021?
    It has yet to be determined, lurker. He's going to race a midget out west later this month. He's set to compete in his midget at Placerville, California for the Hangtown 100 Nov. 18th-20th. He's going to be racing both a 360 sprint car and his midget at Merced, California on Nov. 23 & 24. Then he's set to race his midget at Ventura, California in the Turkey Night Grand Prix. He'll finish the year by racing in the Gateway Nationals on Dec. 2nd thru the 4th. He could pick up several more wins in those events. Actually I wouldn't bet against him winning them all!

what a really good year for Kyle and many more to come not only asphalt but all divisions in dirt racing.

Thanks CIRF. I can’t find the list I compiled from our postings is why I asked.

I Googled it, lurker, and believe it or not I couldn't find a running tabulation of Larson's victories to date. I'm sure it's out there somewhere.

Kyle Larson now has accomplished something that Mario, A.J., Parnelli or Dan Gurney never accomplished. He won a season championship in the top division of NASCAR. Obviously Larson will never win championships in divisions that those aforementioned drivers won championships but if one is fair then it goes both ways. Does that make sense? LOL!