Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ruben Mireles

Ruben is a dedicated, hard worker. He will be successful for whomever hires him.

dirt vision sucks, prolly dont have enough subscribers to pay him

This^^^^^^
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Hannah Newhouse who did the pit reporting while Rueben followed the Summer Nationals is the now permanently the person who will handle that job for WOO late models. She the one who did the studio segments with Dave Reiff during the World Finals broadcast. She did a great job this summer when Rueben and Georgia covered the Summer Nats. Maybe all the people who got on here constantly blasting Rueben had a little hand in this change. No matter who Dirtvision had covering the pits they did a much better job then how Lucas does their broadcasts. Dave Argabright is a wonderful talent but all he did was prerecorded interviews and winner interviews. The Lucas crew had no idea of some of the pit happenings during the DTWC. Rueben, Georgia or Hannah would have been all over that because they hang in the pits looking for scoop.

I think Hannah is amazing (other than calling rear quarter panels fenders). You can tell she puts a lot of work into her trade. Reuben has a bright future too with the passion he brings to the table, hopefully he gets a new gig soon.

THANK. GOD. He was the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    THANK. GOD. He was the worst.
    That is not even remotely true.

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    That is not even remotely true.
    Of all the announcers on streaming platforms, it is very true. Nobody has had more complaints on a regular basis than this guy, to the point of DoD and others actively defending him or getting negative threads here deleted. He has no clue about dynamics. He's at an 8 at all times and leaves no space whatsoever. He is exhausting to the ears and won't be missed. Gimme more Georgia anyday.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    hannah newhouse who did the pit reporting while rueben followed the summer nationals is the now permanently the person who will handle that job for woo late models. She the one who did the studio segments with dave reiff during the world finals broadcast. She did a great job this summer when rueben and georgia covered the summer nats. Maybe all the people who got on here constantly blasting rueben had a little hand in this change. No matter who dirtvision had covering the pits they did a much better job then how lucas does their broadcasts. Dave argabright is a wonderful talent but all he did was prerecorded interviews and winner interviews. The lucas crew had no idea of some of the pit happenings during the dtwc. Rueben, georgia or hannah would have been all over that because they hang in the pits looking for scoop.
    you have finally lost the rest of your mind

Quote Originally Posted by MEE View Post
    you have finally lost the rest of your mind
    He was decent and a bummer he was let go. Did WRG keep his stache or did they let that go too?

I hate to see anybody loose there job. But I have always thought he was a bit too much

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    I hate to see anybody loose there job. But I have always thought he was a bit too much

The constant screaming into the microphone and yelling like a little 5 year old kid every single race was ignoring as hell.

Not to mention saying the F word during the one summer nationals race that went on air.

He's not great but he's far, far from the worst. I'm sure he'll land on his feet.

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    Of all the announcers on streaming platforms, it is very true. Nobody has had more complaints on a regular basis than this guy, to the point of DoD and others actively defending him or getting negative threads here deleted. He has no clue about dynamics. He's at an 8 at all times and leaves no space whatsoever. He is exhausting to the ears and won't be missed. Gimme more Georgia anyday.
    i dont guess youve heard of dillner or outland

Quote Originally Posted by riddle28 View Post
    i dont guess youve heard of dillner or outland
    Maybe this will be a wake up call to Dillner to tone down the dramatics a bit.

I did like Rueben's enthusiasm but he was over the top with his execution. As mentioned before, he was an assault on the senses.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky44 View Post
    Not to mention saying the F word during the one summer nationals race that went on air.
    That was the only thing he said that ever made me laugh

Gimme more Georgia anyday.

Yep, she seemed reasonably intelligent about dlm racing and kept her volume low key!

And yes, very easy on the eyes!

Im not one to complain about Announcers, but Ruben would be a lot better than these guys on Racexr/The Dual In The Dessert...they are terrible!!