Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ruben Mireles

I don't like to see anyone loose there job. Especially a person that loves there job. But, the guy just didn't have it. The guy seemed like he was always yelling into the mic. At times the person he was interviewing just wanted it to be over. Dynomite just never caught on. Guys young I believe, he will look back on this and hopefully get a good laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter Davenport View Post
    Im not one to complain about Announcers, but Ruben would be a lot better than these guys on Racexr/The Dual In The Dessert...they are terrible!!
    Well DYNAMITE! I guess they are listening, because Ruben has landed in Vegas at the Duel In The Desert and is working on the Racexr.com PPV.
    Last edited by Cooter Davenport; 11-11-2021 at 04:35 PM.

This popped up on my Twitter feed. https://twitter.com/duelvegas/status...11832916119553 "It’s @Dynamite_Ruben and I’m taking over at the #DuelVegas Twitter account for the rest of the week! Stay tuned…"

Followed by this, as mentioned above. https://twitter.com/Dynamite_Ruben/s...18656750940163 Hello from Las Vegas!I can never say no to work and living the dream. I will be in the booth with my good friends Chad Meyer and Nick Robbins for the final three nights of the 24th @duelvegas! 🏜 #DuelVegas #Dynamite

So much for my $34.99.......roll eyes!

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    So much for my $34.99.......roll eyes!
    DYNAMITE!! I'm sure the folks at RaceXR will be devastated....

I would take Ruben over Rick Eschelman any day of the week. I simply can’t watch a WoO race and listen to him.

How is jimmy walker allowing all this “ dynomite” stuff ???
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Good Times disappeared when Reuben was hired!

Well Rueben did have a “ temporary layoff”……I know where the volume is, none of them bother me that much.

I just heard the guy calling the pure stock race from rev say “ guy was slippin*around like a 3 legged dog on a frozen lake…….the visual can’t be unseen,lol.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Every time I listened to the Summer Nationals with Rueben I felt like I just came from an auction as he talked fast and loud.

Well Rueben did have a “ temporary layoff”……I know where the volume is, none of them bother me that much.

I just heard the guy calling the pure stock race from rev say “ guy was slippin*around like a 3 legged dog on a frozen lake…….the visual can’t be unseen,lol.

Same here!

We true Southerners have heard that lingo, our whole life and get a chuckle out of it. Most of my family are rednecks, so I grew up listening to it! Them Yanks dont seem to get it!

They are all bad IMO, Essex being the least worst of them. The only announcer in dirt racing that I thought was a pleasure to listen to was some announcer (I have no idea what his name was) at some dirt track in North Dakota (can't remember what track or what series it was) about 10 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Crossbones View Post
    They are all bad IMO, Essex being the least worst of them. The only announcer in dirt racing that I thought was a pleasure to listen to was some announcer (I have no idea what his name was) at some dirt track in North Dakota (can't remember what track or what series it was) about 10 years ago.
    Some guy, somewhere, just about sums it up for me too Crossbones. Mine would be, Kevin from the Indianapolis Speedrome in the late 80’s. That guy was golden on the mic. Other than that, I just don’t get as “vested” in the race announcer as some of my fellow posters as I’ve typically tuned out the announcer and just watch the races.

Jmo but his biggest downfall calling races with the auctioneer style is he doesn’t even take a second to observe and think. He goes a mile a minute and since he’s barely thinking about what he says, he sometimes contradicts himself or completely calls what’s happening wrong. For instance, he’ll say someone is making a charge when they literally just lost ground to the cars around him. Or last night talking about how drivers are swerving to keep heat in the tires but then a second later says they are trying to keep them cool. When he’s working with someone else, it seems like he’s not really listening to that person and just waiting for his turn to talk again. I give him credit for his energy and flexibility though. He clearly is giving a great effort and seems like a really nice guy to be around.
    Last edited by GregA12; 11-13-2021 at 10:15 AM.

Dik Dillner is by far the worst. I would rather Rueben read the phone book than Dillner call a race! Glad he isn't at the Duel......

Dirt vision and Drydene w/ Ruben & the chick put on a good show at Lancaster. Great reporting and announcing from both.

Tonight at Cherokee, he kept saying Madden was coming off a big win from Lavonia...........good grief!

Side note.......congrats to Smokey, the only one to not change tires!

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    Tonight at Cherokee, he kept saying Madden was coming off a big win from Lavonia...........good grief!Side note.......congrats to Smokey, the only one to not change tires!
    IDK How many times they said this is going to be the best finish in Cherokee history. No. No it wasn't. The race was a sh!tshow.
    2023 Races - 1(1 Track)
    2022 Races - 66(16 Tracks)
    2021 Races - 100(31 tracks)
    2020 Races - 56(15 tracks)
    2019 Races - 75(23 tracks)
    2018 Races - 66(26 tracks)
    2017 Races - 62(18 tracks)

I had to mute after maresca flipped. I had enough of dumb and dumber