Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Silly Season?

Quote Originally Posted by dirt farmer View Post
    If this one is true then his LM career is done.JMO
    I think it's the same as alot of other people's opinions. So no need to worry.
    2021 race count
    6 events

DoD article by Kevin Kovac suggest Rocket house car may not be on WoO tour next year.

^
    Also pretty much suggested Sheppy will be back contrare to what some say.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Honcho View Post
    DoD article by Kevin Kovac suggest Rocket house car may not be on WoO tour next year.
    I could see them running all of the 20k+ shows on both tours and testing extensively in between them.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

For the Rocket1 team, I dont know how you can possibly run the WoO tour. I understand the competition is arguably better on the Lucas Tour, but there is sooo much more money up for grabs there. Run Lucas and fill in the off weekends with other races, or run an open schedule.

I don't vividly remember anyone coming out and saying Sheppy is 100 percent out the ride. I do recall it being brought up as a possibility but never a final word.

I heard a rumor of Don O Neal maybe coming back to run select races in the Masterbilt House Car

Jimmy Owens just unloaded a new Longhorn at Senoia.

Quote Originally Posted by thexfactor0210 View Post
    I heard a rumor of Don O Neal maybe coming back to run select races in the Masterbilt House Car
    uh no, that was 2020.

No that is for 2022. Heard Don is doing well with his business but has discussed getting back in a car. This is from a very reliable source.

[QUOTE=NeedforLM$peed;2416359I think Bloomquist has other issues other than chassis brand.[/QUOTE]Maybe Gambler Chassis will start to produce a late model chassis and have Scott as the house driver. The car will have a decal that reads on it " F--k you, We are all in " !!!
    Last edited by Raceready; 11-15-2021 at 04:07 PM.

It's also funny how he started talking about how payouts should be spread out amongst the rest of the field the same season they had their least amount of wins in recent memory. The talk of it costing a dollar a mile to run the hauler and all the great paying races now and Moran and Overtons pick and choose success makes it sound like they'll go that route.

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    It's also funny how he started talking about how payouts should be spread out amongst the rest of the field the same season they had their least amount of wins in recent memory. The talk of it costing a dollar a mile to run the hauler and all the great paying races now and Moran and Overtons pick and choose success makes it sound like they'll go that route.
    You didn’t comprehend the article very well did you? Mark said for his team the big payouts are great, but for the greater good of the sport it needs to be spread out.

I hope the Rocket 1 car continues to run the WOO tour. The WOO appears to schedule more races in the upper Midwest and East coast than Lucas.

It will be very interesting to see what teams pick and choose in 2022. What that 76 team did I think opened a lot of eyes. It's also why Lucas and WoO are putting a lot more cash in the points chase. Your going to have the same core of teams that do travel, but with the money to be had out there next year I think the smaller purse shows may be looking for locals more than ever to fill fields.

I'm sure money-wise, Overton has no regrets on what kind of schedule he's run this year... but I think it would really add to his resume if he could get a Lucas/WoO championship. Maybe he could care less, but I'd like to see him make a run at one of them.

I wonder what percentage of teams actually lose money trying to chase a whole series schedule. I really don't see the benefit financially to following one unless you can pretty well guarantee you'll be a top 3 points guy. Unless they ever make a rule that says you have to be a perfect attendee to win money, then save some dough racing in your area and probably coming close to making the same bottom line. Am I way off base to the benefits of following a tour?

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox28 View Post
    I wonder what percentage of teams actually lose money trying to chase a whole series schedule. I really don't see the benefit financially to following one unless you can pretty well guarantee you'll be a top 3 points guy. Unless they ever make a rule that says you have to be a perfect attendee to win money, then save some dough racing in your area and probably coming close to making the same bottom line. Am I way off base to the benefits of following a tour?
    I know WoO you get 2-3 free out passes every event and also the 600-700 show up money per event. Then the guaranteed provisionals basically wherever you go if you are high enough in points. Then add on the point fund and other contingencies and the appeal to sponsors of tv races.

overton had a great year but he didnt have much bad luck either. he is a wheel man for sure but must have a number 1 pit crew to keep the car in shape so the dont hav bad luck.

Quote Originally Posted by thexfactor0210 View Post
    I know WoO you get 2-3 free out passes every event and also the 600-700 show up money per event. Then the guaranteed provisionals basically wherever you go if you are high enough in points. Then add on the point fund and other contingencies and the appeal to sponsors of tv races.
    Lucas pays an extra $100 for past champions. And an extra $300 for the previous seasons champion.
    2021 race count
    6 events