Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Silly Season?

Quote Originally Posted by PushinTheLimit View Post
    I'm sure money-wise, Overton has no regrets on what kind of schedule he's run this year... but I think it would really add to his resume if he could get a Lucas/WoO championship. Maybe he could care less, but I'd like to see him make a run at one of them.
    What will his resume get him at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by JabberJaws83 View Post
    What will his resume get him at this point?
    It he makes 25-30%, over $200k in his pocket for this year.

I think it would be a check in the box of something the greatest drivers have accomplished. As a racer myself, I'd like to add a "title" or few to my accomplishments when I'm done racing. Like I said, that's just me and he may care less about that. It doesn't take away from what an amazing year he's already had that will be hard to ever duplicate it again.

Quote Originally Posted by PushinTheLimit View Post
    I think it would be a check in the box of something the greatest drivers have accomplished. As a racer myself, I'd like to add a "title" or few to my accomplishments when I'm done racing. Like I said, that's just me and he may care less about that. It doesn't take away from what an amazing year he's already had that will be hard to ever duplicate it again.
    A race is a race, unless its the world. Guys that are true racers will still want that notch in their belt by being a champion IMO.

Richards out at CBR. Searching for a ride.

Does Clint's brother hang around with Ole Mickie waltrip. That has to be the problem. Good equipment, good sponsorship and yet that seat gets drivers no where because the guy turning the wrenches and setting up the cars is a idiot. Well I hope they don't close up shop, be a good ride for Don o'Neal to come back to, he can bounce of enough things maybe he can bend it enough to go fast.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    A race is a race, unless its the world. Guys that are true racers will still want that notch in their belt by being a champion IMO.
    I’d counter that in today’s super expensive reality the racers want wins and a schedule
    that minimizes costs and maximizes their chance of making money. Towing way out to the Upper Midwest or down to Florida doesn’t make a ton of sense when you’re driving by 7-10k shows in your backyard. The outlaw schedule makes a lot of financial sense, especially if tracks a driver runs well at close by are paying well on some specials. I’m not saying championships aren’t worthy, but only one car/team is the champ, and only the Lucas\WoO champions purse are worth the grind. Maybe the Castrol or SummerNats could be included in that statement, but the rat ain’t worth the time financially.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

Rest, not rat, won’t let me edit…
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

The tall trophy queen at Senoia marries me but she leaves by the end of the season because I have a little bird!!

well when your Hazard KY you can pick the prime beef for pit crew.

Other than the XR date at All Tech that was announced last week. After speedweeks there is nothing in FL until speedweeks the following year
    2021 race count
    6 events

Anyone hear anything on Rocket1 yet? It seems as though WoO is pretty content Sheppard will be back in it considering the article they just put out previewing the WoO events at Volusia in January
    2021 race count
    6 events

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLM$peed View Post
    Anyone hear anything on Rocket1 yet? It seems as though WoO is pretty content Sheppard will be back in it considering the article they just put out previewing the WoO events at Volusia in January
    A team can run all the Lucas and WoO FL Speedweeks races as they don't overlap. They wont have to make any kind of commitment until after FL except for the series bonus money and provisionals.

A friend of mine that is normally accurate with rumors said that Tyler Erb was going to Longhorn. Anyone heard anything about this?

Josh vs Rocket House car on WoO Tour would/will be interesting.