Default 2021 Season In Review

As the 2021 racing season has come to an end (for me) I wanted to see how this year panned out for everyone else. I ventured to 34 new facilities this year ( a personal record) in 9 different states. A few years back I decided to travel to racetracks I have nebver been to before. I'm up to 151 total after this season. My wife and I watched racing of all different varieties in our travels (Indy cars to go-karts). These were our destinations for the year.

Illinois (Macon, Peoria, Rockford)

Indiana (Indianapolis Dirt Track, Indianapolis Road Course, Jennings County Fair, Knox County Fair, Lawrenceburg Motorcycle, Miller Raceway Park, RTR Motorplex)

Kentucky (Cedar Ridge)

Michigan (Auto City, Birch Run, Crystal, Galesburg, Merritt, Mid-Michigan, Mottville, Silver Bullet, Thunderbird, Tri-City)

Ohio (Mid-Ohio, Midway, Painesville, Portsmouth)

Pennsylvania (Michael's Mercer, Pittsburgh)

Tennessee (Clarksville, Crossville, Duck River, Nashville Superspeedway)

Wisconsin (Milwaukee Mile)

West Virginia (Ohio Valley, West Virginia Motor Speedway)

Favorite New Track: Indianapolis Dirt Track. If you ever get a chance to go then DO IT!! Tight little track with tons of action. The midgets were spectacular here.

Least Favorite: Mottville. $15 to watch 12 cars. 2 street stocks and the rest were 4 cylinders. This place is a dump.

I'm already trying to make plans for 2022. What were your highlights for the year?

I've made it to 47 shows at 20 tracks in three states (Iowa, Minnesota, Illinois) so far in 2021 (one more show weather permitting). Most attended tracks were Fairmont and Webster City with 5 each. Dubuque, Independence, Mason City and Lansing with 4. Davenport and Deer Creek with 3. Jackson, Donnellson and East Moline with 2. Boone, Algona, Columbus Junction, Farley, Marshalltown, Cresco, West Union, Vinton and Kasson with 1. Highlights were Billy Moyer winning at Davenport in April, Gary Webb winning at East Moline in June and Mark Noble picking up three wins at Fairmont along with the track championship in his final year of racing.
    Last edited by FastEd95; 11-10-2021 at 02:46 PM.

I've got to 99 Races at 30 Different Tracks in 6 states. Its hard to get to much more working a track on Saturday and Sunday nights. I did get to 10 new tracks(Selinsgrove, Amish Hilltop, Path Valley, West Virginia, Waynesfield, Outlaw, Marion Center, Bedford, Latrobe and Blanket Hill.) I'm planning on going to BAPS Saturday, which will be the 11th new track, race #100 and my 55th different track overall. Its been a hell of a lot of traveling, and I plan on cutting it back dramatically next year. Planning on going to East Bay for the first time in February, basically as a vacation to get the hell out of PA for a week. I'm trying hard to get to every track in PA that is open(dammit Challenger) and hopefully I can knock a few more off that list next year(Looking at you Grandview.)
    2023 Races - 1(1 Track)
    2022 Races - 66(16 Tracks)
    2021 Races - 100(31 tracks)
    2020 Races - 56(15 tracks)
    2019 Races - 75(23 tracks)
    2018 Races - 66(26 tracks)
    2017 Races - 62(18 tracks)

Quote Originally Posted by adamrobison View Post
    As the 2021 racing season has come to an end (for me) I wanted to see how this year panned out for everyone else. I ventured to 34 new facilities this year ( a personal record) in 9 different states. A few years back I decided to travel to racetracks I have nebver been to before. I'm up to 151 total after this season. My wife and I watched racing of all different varieties in our travels (Indy cars to go-karts). These were our destinations for the year.

Illinois (Macon, Peoria, Rockford)

Indiana (Indianapolis Dirt Track, Indianapolis Road Course, Jennings County Fair, Knox County Fair, Lawrenceburg Motorcycle, Miller Raceway Park, RTR Motorplex)

Kentucky (Cedar Ridge)

Michigan (Auto City, Birch Run, Crystal, Galesburg, Merritt, Mid-Michigan, Mottville, Silver Bullet, Thunderbird, Tri-City)

Ohio (Mid-Ohio, Midway, Painesville, Portsmouth)

Pennsylvania (Michael's Mercer, Pittsburgh)

Tennessee (Clarksville, Crossville, Duck River, Nashville Superspeedway)

Wisconsin (Milwaukee Mile)

West Virginia (Ohio Valley, West Virginia Motor Speedway)

Favorite New Track: Indianapolis Dirt Track. If you ever get a chance to go then DO IT!! Tight little track with tons of action. The midgets were spectacular here.

Least Favorite: Mottville. $15 to watch 12 cars. 2 street stocks and the rest were 4 cylinders. This place is a dump.

I'm already trying to make plans for 2022. What were your highlights for the year?

I'd like to hear your thoughts on Ohio Valley and WVMS.

We attended the season finale at Ohio Valley. The place was absolutely packed. I thought we got there plenty early yet still had to park way out on the back forty. Overall, we enjoyed the racing at this track.

Same with WVMS. I'll give the promoter credit. He is really trying to bring this place back to life with little support from the racers themselves. I understand that its a hammer down track and tough on equipment but it sure is a special place for fans. The racing itself was mediocre but I can't think of a place where the view of the track is any better than here. The hillside allows for exceptional views and I am very thankful we didn't get caught in a downpour. Trying to navigate the hill in the rain would have been treacherous. I'm hoping the promoter continues with events. The fan attendance was there even with car counts not where they should be.

I made it to 65 races this year. Did not make it to any new tracks unfortunately. Made it to 141 Speedway, Outagamie Speedway, The Burg Speedway, Wisconsin International Raceway, Golden Sands Speedway, Wilmot Raceway, Shawano Speedway, The Hill Raceway, and Dells Raceway Park. I think that's it anyway.

For those who have been to over 100 tracks and have an interest if you send your track list in you can have it listed on Roaming the Raceways (please look over the guidelines first if you decide to do so). There is a email listserve you can join and a FB group as well if you are so inclined - http://www.roamingtheraceways.com/gettingstarted.html