Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter Davenport View Post
    "The money in Dirt Late Model racing next season is just gonna be insane. Between the XR stiff, the Flo Racing Castrol stuff and both National series really upping their payouts."Both National Series have up their payouts, because the Streaming Services like Flo and XR have made them step their game up. Lucas and the World Racing Group have been making a killing off the backs of the drivers for years, now they need those drivers to stick around.
    Rocket had better get their act together soon if they want to get a piece of the pie ! ! !

Is BMJ back in a long horn? Seen a picture of the car and noticed it had a long horn logo on it.
    2023 race count: Winston Speedway (MI)-3, Spoon River Speedway (IL)-1, Lincoln Speedway (IL)-1, Farmer City Raceway (IL)-1, Fairbury American Legion Speedway (IL)-1, Thunderbird Raceway (MI)-7, Kokomo Speedway (IN)-1, Butler Motor Speedway (MI)-1, Mt.Pleasant Speedway (MI)-1, I-96 Speedway (MI)-1, Merritt Speedway (MI)-3

Quote Originally Posted by zooker25 View Post
    Why is there not highlights on DOD?
    Race is promoted & sponsored by Race XR. Doubt DoD even had anyone there.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLM$peed View Post
    If Richards can finish second in Boom's car then it's definitely CBR and not Richards.
    It probably helped a ton having Mark Richards there to tune the set up.

Excuse me but ain't that race track a little slow 17 seconds on a 4/10 mile track

Quote Originally Posted by 3 wide View Post
    Excuse me but ain't that race track a little slow 17 seconds on a 4/10 mile track
    RTJ ran a 16.2 in practice on Monday. The track was so wet Friday & Saturday for the late models the race director was telling drivers how fast the track was getting as they hot lapped. On Saturday right before qualifying, he stated the last set of cars just got into the 19 second mark. Track will be perfect for qualifying. Fast time was Overton with a 16.9.

I was surprised to see Billy Moyer in the race. Does this mean Billy Moyer is coming out of retirement ? Does any one know what Bloomquist got paid for 6th place ?

I am really glad they had this event out here, but I have a question and a comment. I’m wondering if this series has waited for all of the cars that pit under each caution to finish doing whatever they needed and head back out into the track, before going back to green at the other venues? I like that they were consistent as it didn’t matter who entered or how many cars came in the pits under caution, they waited for them to comeback out before they went back to green. I’m wondering if there’s an official rule that when the caution comes out, you have “X-minutes” before they go back to green, or is there an official rule? Also, I have never seen a race get red flagged on the parade lap to allow a car to change a tire in the middle of the front stretch of the track.

I thought that the racing was pretty good, but every time it seemed the leaders were about to get into lap traffic, the caution would come out. Anyone that watched that race knows that Richards hasn’t forgot how to drive as he was putting on a show. He had his hands full I’d say the last 20 or so laps as that cushion was brutal. I’m not a huge Richards fan, but I tip my hat to him. Congrats to Bobby Pierce as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter Davenport View Post
    "The money in Dirt Late Model racing next season is just gonna be insane. Between the XR stiff, the Flo Racing Castrol stuff and both National series really upping their payouts."

Both National Series have up their payouts, because the Streaming Services like Flo and XR have made them step their game up. Lucas and the World Racing Group have been making a killing off the backs of the drivers for years, now they need those drivers to stick around.
    LOL making a killing? Floracing didn't make them do anything, they all have streaming.

Congrats to Bobby. Bloomer caused two cautions and finished sixth. Only thing i can figure is he slowed on the track because he wanted to change tires. Sounds about right

Quote Originally Posted by Crossbones View Post
    LOL making a killing? Floracing didn't make them do anything, they all have streaming.
    Yes, that are all making a killing off of PPV. Flo and XR a spreading out to the drivers way more than World Racing Group ever has. Are you employed by WRG or something?? LOL

As I understand it DoD doesn't have rights to show recaps of the XR races. I think that's a little petty but as a streaming platform, I guess they want to the content to remain on their site only.

Quote Originally Posted by 3 wide View Post
    That does sound pretty slow, unless the track is not banked much or it got slick.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by Mod Runner View Post
    I was surprised to see Billy Moyer in the race. Does this mean Billy Moyer is coming out of retirement ? Does any one know what Bloomquist got paid for 6th place ?
    Says on his website. "See you at the track in 2022"
    2021 race count
    6 events

Should make 2022 interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLM$peed View Post
    Says on his website. "See you at the track in 2022"
    Reminds me of Lil John Provenzano. There was talk of him retiring and moving to Florida, starting probably at least 15 years ago. . And he's still in IL. Racing today.

Quote Originally Posted by Buford.Justice View Post
    That does sound pretty slow, unless the track is not banked much or it got slick.
    according to the autoracingrecords.com The track is .465