Thread: RF pro dive?

Default RF pro dive?

How much RF lower control arm pro dive is common? Seems to me that most cars getting the ground clearance with front strut cars have some sort of pro dive. How much is to much?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtslinger71 View Post
    How much RF lower control arm pro dive is common? Seems to me that most cars getting the ground clearance with front strut cars have some sort of pro dive. How much is to much?
    At least on some cars, the upper angle is changed too. On the rear strut, are they not on the same side view angle?

Don't forget to evaluate it at chassis height on corner entry either.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 11-15-2021 at 09:54 AM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    At least on some cars, the upper angle is changed too. On the rear strut, are they not on the same side view angle?

Don't forget to evaluate it at chassis height on corner entry either.
    So maybe set it at 0* at like 3.5" or 4" of travel? Then adjust my upper control arm anti dive from that point? I just figured a reverse strut car would be easier to maintain 0* at static ride height. But I'm thinking some pro dive would be beneficial and I want my front front strut heim as far off the ground as possible without getting into to much trouble on geometry...

Quote Originally Posted by dirtslinger71 View Post
    So maybe set it at 0* at like 3.5" or 4" of travel? Then adjust my upper control arm anti dive from that point? I just figured a reverse strut car would be easier to maintain 0* at static ride height. But I'm thinking some pro dive would be beneficial and I want my front front strut heim as far off the ground as possible without getting into to much trouble on geometry...
    We also almost never use the rf brake, so honestly, I don't even care too much. My best advice is to measure a couple cars and go from there.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

I agree, measure a couple of cars and get something reasonable. A little anti will make the car feel stable. If pro or anti makes a big difference, you might be on the brake too much entering the corner.
    The ultimate goal is to run flat out all the way around without scrubbing speed and still be maneuverable through traffic.
    Tune toward that neutral handling and have brakes to help you in maneuvering the car.
    Always aim for the ultimate goal.