Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Race XR

Default Race XR

whats everyones thoughts on them? Im not sure how sustainable their business model is with their payouts but its nice to see their series or whatever you wanna call it come about this year. Also, nice to see DoD/Flo have some competition on their streaming/mini series, competition makes everyone better

Anyone who is a student of the dirt late model "landscape" totally understands that what Race XR is doing is very bad for generic dirt late model racing, and more specifically Eldora Speedway. All competent students of the "landscape" know this is bad, even though no monetary risk is at stake!!

It completely depends on your position in the sport as to whether XR is bad or not. If you are a racer, more funds available to win is never bad. If you are a track or sanction set to lose business, you view it as bad. It's a zero sum game. People win and people lose.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

I dont really know the extent of Speedway Motorsports involvement.........but if they significantly own the major portion, it will work out just fine. Bunch of smart folks run that operation!

Speedway motors is not in the business of losing money. I don't see how with the purses being offered there going to be around for the long haul.

Its pretty obvious these live streamed events are very profitable!

So much so, I bet the purses are subsidized through them!

Will be interesting to see what drivers follows this durning the 2022 season.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

WoO events that overlap XR events: Both Bristol weekends, 1 night at Stuart, and Texas weekend.

Lucas only overlaps the Texas weekend.

It should be interesting to see how that plays into what drivers choose to follow XR and WoO because they will have to make a decision in March. Lucas drivers can do both until September before making a decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Tireguy17 View Post
    WoO events that overlap XR events: Both Bristol weekends, 1 night at Stuart, and Texas weekend.

Lucas only overlaps the Texas weekend.

It should be interesting to see how that plays into what drivers choose to follow XR and WoO because they will have to make a decision in March. Lucas drivers can do both until September before making a decision.
    Man they need to move the Texas dates. It would be cool if a Lucas guy went to both series full time like a Davenport, Owens, or Mccreadie

When you have 5-8 classes at these events, the PPV $$$ alone more than pays for the purse.

I think it's great.

Quote Originally Posted by formercrewguy View Post
    I think it's great.
    Careful, you'll hurt some fragile feelings if you're not careful!

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Careful, you'll hurt some fragile feelings if you're not careful!
    Nobody's fragile dude. If anyone, it's you. You're still crying about this more than a month later. Carry on cry baby.

I think it is very cool they are going to venues that don’t host any or not a ton of Super racing. It makes it interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    Nobody's fragile dude. If anyone, it's you. You're still crying about this more than a month later. Carry on cry baby.
    Okay dude. LOL!!

It's clear by your swift and decisive reaction that delicate nerve has been struck yet again (smiling).

Possibly gazing longingly dreamy eyed at your Eldora ticket stubs or maybe put on a video replay of a past World Hundred while bringing yourself up to the moment on the all important dirt late model landscape will help you to forget about me getting under your thin skin! LOLOL!

You make a very good point, thexfactor0210.

I can only speak for Belleville but judging from the conversations we've had with our good friends out in north-central Kansas the whole community is excited about the late models coming to The High Banks. The whole area supports the track much like the Fairbury community supports FALS. The late model teams and the fans will be quite well received.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Okay dude. LOL!!

It's clear by your swift and decisive reaction that delicate nerve has been struck yet again (smiling).

Possibly gazing longingly dreamy eyed at your Eldora ticket stubs or maybe put on a video replay of a past World Hundred while bringing yourself up to the moment on the all important dirt late model landscape will help you to forget about me getting under your thin skin! LOLOL!
    It's been water under the bridge here. You're the one still crying about a debate that ended more than a month ago, all because someone disagreed with you. Tell me again who's under whos skin? Over a month... LOL
    Last edited by Pennsboro32; 11-17-2021 at 03:43 PM.

Belleville doesn’t have 1/20th the support Fairbury does. Lol and lol some more.

The shine wore off the Belleville race once it got moved to Monday-Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    It's been water under the bridge here. You're the one still crying about a debate that ended more than a month ago, all because someone disagreed with you. Tell me again who's under whos skin? Over a month... LOL
    It's clear that it's "water under the bridge" dude! LOL! Given that you count the days and respond nearly immediately. It's impressive that you can dedicate so much of your zeal and scholarly dedication to the dirt late model "landscape" and your imaginary PR position with Eldora Speedway and still have time to keep close tabs on what I have to say. Water under the bridge, indeed!

It appears that you're loling is misplaced.

I suspect we're talking about two different details. By support I mean support from the town and surrounding communities towards the track and the events held there and the degree to which the town and area get behind the track and it's events. It rivals or surpasses Fairbury.

Where the events at Belleville fall during the week have nothing to do with what I'm talking about.

I'm 40 minutes from Fairbury, have attended dozens if not well over a hundred races there and I've also spent my share of time attending races at Belleville so I think I know a little of which I speak.