Payton Freeman Claims 2021 Southern All Star Championship
Also Crowned 2021 Series Rookie of the Year

COMMERCE, Ga. (11/17/21) – With the 2021 Southern All Star Dirt Racing Series campaign officially in the history books, Payton Freeman has clinched both the series Championship and Rookie of the Year title.

“Consider it mission accomplished for our team, as we set out to win the championship and rookie title this year, and we were able to achieve both goals,” Freeman said. “We’ve had a lot of great people support us this year, and I’ve learned a lot. Even though I wasn’t able to get the finish I wanted, I think we showed our growth this past weekend by setting fast time and starting on the pole for the Peach State Classic against a really strong field of racers.

“We’ve got one or two races left on the schedule for this year, and we’re definitely excited about next year. Thanks so much to everyone, who supports this team, and makes it possible.”

Payton Freeman made the short trek to Senoia Raceway (Senoia, Ga.) on Friday afternoon to kick off the inaugural Peach State Classic behind the wheel of his Freeman Plumbing No. F1 Capital Race Car. Drawing a stout field of 63 Late Models for the opening round two-day event, Freeman made contact with the wall in his heat race, while battling for a transfer position. The ensuing damage sidelined him for the remainder of the evening.
On Saturday, Freeman returned to action and hit the ground running by topping the speed charts in time trials before picking up a 10-lap heat race victory. Earning the pole position for the $52,052-to-win Peach State Classic, Payton was an early retiree from the 75-lapper and was credited with a 22nd-place finish.

Next on tap for the team is a trip to Southern Raceway (Milton, Fla.) for this weekend’s King of the Sandbox presented by Sweet Victory Apparel Co. The weekend includes a $5,000 winner’s check on Friday night and a $20,000 top prize on Saturday evening.
For more information on the event, please visit www.facebook.com/southernraceway

Payton Freeman would like to thank all of his marketing partners, which include Freeman Plumbing, Madison County Carquest Auto Parts, Coltman Farms Racing, Dave Gordon Carquest Auto Supply, Rod Roberts Trucking, Capital Race Cars, Chatham & Son Tile, Shelton Trucking, Collins Signs, Schaeffer Racing Oil, Penske Racing Shocks, Wilwood Disc Brakes, Hoosier Racing Tire, Bell Helmets, Base Racing Fuels, and MyRacePass.com.

For the latest team information, please visit www.PaytonFreeman.com .