Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Clear the tables off. Everybody will be building one off cars starting today. Big sexy got some paste wax out for his hot rod. Seen on twitter David gravel saying he needs to find a slm ride for this one. Hummmm, wonder how many others may be looking. TSR w/ Donny Shatz ?

Just In. Donnie Moran is calling tader saying let's make Mastersbuilt great again. I can use another million.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Just In. Donnie Moran is calling tader saying let's make Mastersbuilt great again. I can use another million.
    But it was a Rayburn that carried Donnie to that money.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Clear the tables off. Everybody will be building one off cars starting today. Big sexy got some paste wax out for his hot rod. Seen on twitter David gravel saying he needs to find a slm ride for this one. Hummmm, wonder how many others may be looking. TSR w/ Donny Shatz ?
    Donny has his own LM ride.
    2021 race count
    6 events

We were talking with Donnie the week before the million at Bristol dirt race (I am fairly sure he did not make the race on Saturday), said he just hoped to make the show at Eldora...Of course he was expected to run well as he was very good there.

So......is the Million Dollar Man and Mr. Cherry Picker gonna team up and make CJ great again?

Gravel may be somewhat of a factor given that he' proven himself to be a quick study.

Case in point: He got a ride for the Tony Bettenhausen Memorial 100 USAC Silver Crown race at Springfield in October of 2021. Never had set in the seat of a Crown car nor had he ever laid an eye on The Springfield Mile prior to that day in October. The first 50 miles he seemed to be getting the whole tire management/changing track conditions/fuel burn off thing figured out. By the time mile 75 rolled around Gravel was on the move and passing guys who are known for their prowess on the dirt miles in the Crown cars. With 5 or 6 miles to go he ran down eventual winner Kyle Larson and was poised to drive around him, as well. Time ran out but he was headed for the lead, no question. Those 100 mile races on dirt are best suited for the thinking driver and Gravel figured it out in a hurry.

If Gravel can get the hang of the fendered cars as quickly as he did the big cars at Springfield he could be a factor. He's fearless and smart and likely will make every race of this million deal he's a part of at Eldora interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    Pay the man.......yep, i said it here first!

Also, I bet close to 200 cars show up!
    What are u smoking? 70 cars max. Still only pays 5k to start. Heck there arent even 30 cars in the country with a LEGIT chance of winning 100 laps at Big E let alone 70. Let alone 200 cars willing to travel to Eldora in the middle of the summer. Just aint going to happen folks!

Prove me wrong!

Just for the record, its super sad that Tony cant put up a real purse and spread that cash around a little more. Its crazy how these promoters seem to have an issue with the size of their junk and are trying to outdo each other.

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    So......is the Million Dollar Man and Mr. Cherry Picker gonna team up and make CJ great again?
    CJ has given people more race cars than I can count, but no, nobody is coming to make him great again.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post
    What are u smoking? 70 cars max. Still only pays 5k to start. Heck there arent even 30 cars in the country with a LEGIT chance of winning 100 laps at Big E let alone 70. Let alone 200 cars willing to travel to Eldora in the middle of the summer. Just aint going to happen folks!

Prove me wrong!

Just for the record, its super sad that Tony cant put up a real purse and spread that cash around a little more. Its crazy how these promoters seem to have an issue with the size of their junk and are trying to outdo each other.
    It's $5,000 to start. What other race pays that much to last place, you slack-jawed mouth breather? And it's called the Eldora Million, not the "Eldora A Few Thousand to the Winner And a Participation Trophy for Everyone."

Somehow I think it'll turn into like what some thought Bristol would be this past year. Guys will go just to say they went.
    2021 race count
    6 events

Quote Originally Posted by NormP View Post
    It's $5,000 to start. What other race pays that much to last place, you slack-jawed mouth breather? And it's called the Eldora Million, not the "Eldora A Few Thousand to the Winner And a Participation Trophy for Everyone."

I 80 Speedway Silver Dollar Nationals Paid $5300 to start in 2021.....

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    I 80 Speedway Silver Dollar Nationals Paid $5300 to start in 2021.....

Exactly my point and how many showed up for that one?

I rest my case and never called anyone any names....

It's not Eldora though
    2021 race count
    6 events

Tires, parts availability, and fuel prices are have a huge effect on car count, sure several people are going to think about going just to say they went. However those factors and the huge inflation being experienced right now is gonna severely effect how many of those people end up going.

Personally I doubt there is over 100 cars that enter with things how they are that the current time

He already got one too many.. hahahahaa
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

One hundred cars would be a big number these days. Maybe 90.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post
    Exactly my point and how many showed up for that one?

I rest my case and never called anyone any names....
    Seems like about 55 cars, at least 10 were locals probably more. It paid some stout purses all week, a few 7500 to win 5300 to win etc and a 30k to win I think.

It kills me that people say only 6-8 cars have a chance at winning at eldora. Look at the history of some of those big races. Between the late 80s, all of the 90s, and early 00s, the same drivers were winning these races. I dont where you people have been, its been like this for several years now....its nothing new. Quit beating the dead horse, its called being good.

If you really think this race will only draw 50 cars because I80 struggles to get that many, you're just plain stupid. Anybody that lives in that region will tell you there are hardly any supers out there. Ohio is probably the 2nd biggest hot bed when it comes to supers, behind Illinois.

Everybody wants it to happen, and when it does, the same people that wanted to happen, try to beat it down. You guys call yourself race fans? SMH

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    It kills me that people say only 6-8 cars have a chance at winning at eldora. Look at the history of some of those big races. Between the late 80s, all of the 90s, and early 00s, the same drivers were winning these races. I dont where you people have been, its been like this for several years now....its nothing new. Quit beating the dead horse, its called being good.

If you really think this race will only draw 50 cars because I80 struggles to get that many, you're just plain stupid. Anybody that lives in that region will tell you there are hardly any supers out there. Ohio is probably the 2nd biggest hot bed when it comes to supers, behind Illinois.

Everybody wants it to happen, and when it does, the same people that wanted to happen, try to beat it down. You guys call yourself race fans? SMH
    Where did anyone say this race will only draw 50 cars or compare it to I80?

I simply answered a guys post about WHAT race has ever paid 5000 to start... the answer is I 80 paid more than 5000 to start.

fyi I live 45 min from I 80 raced there a solid 100 times probably. If Illinois has so many supers then there would be many in fact CLOSE to I 80. Its only 7 hours from I 80 to Illinois.

SMH
    Last edited by stock car driver; 11-19-2021 at 05:51 PM.