Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    Where did anyone say this race will only draw 50 cars or compare it to I80?

I simply answered a guys post about WHAT race has ever paid 5000 to start... the answer is I 80 paid more than 5000 to start.

fyi I live 45 min from I 80 raced there a solid 100 times probably. If Illinois has so many supers then there would be many in fact CLOSE to I 80. Its only 7 hours from I 80 to Illinois.

SMH
    It wasnt aimed at you dude. Dont get your panties in a bunch.

I simply answered a guys post about WHAT race has ever paid 5000 to start... the answer is I 80 paid more than 5000 to start.

fyi I live 45 min from I 80 raced there a solid 100 times probably. If Illinois has so many supers then there would be many in fact CLOSE to I 80. Its only 7 hours from I 80 to Illinois.

SMH
    Only 7 hours….

SMH

only 7hrs you say

Thats the point most do not understand on here. Its not the 90s anymore. Gas isnt a buck a gallon. Complete cars are not $45k. Crew members are no longer happy to be on a crew, they need real world pay. Racing is now a business. The race may pay 5k to start but even God himself (driver of the big blue hauler) has gone on record to say it costs him 5k to unload his car. He also says its a dollar a mile to drive that double stacker up and down the road.

The gap between the top teams in this sport and the others is widening every week. God even said he is looking at hiring actual engineers for the first time ever. The price for your new Rocket just went up to help foot that bill.

62 cars showed up for 4 days this year and a ton of money was handed out. Out of those 62 cars only really 6 to 8 have a legit shot at winning under normal conditions. Sure, Ohio is a hotbed of LM racing but I cant see more than 70 cars showing up. I hope I am wrong.

I still feel this race is only in response to XR originally putting a show against the Dream.

I think if you ask anyone in the sport would they rather race for a million to win or a say 500k to win and 25k to start, would choose option B.

Pay 25k to start and you will see cars coming out of the woodwork and you will see some real heat races not this stuff they call heat races now.

I won't be surprised if the PPV is NOT included in the Flo subscription and is really expensive. I also won't hesitate to pay whatever they ask.

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    I won't be surprised if the PPV is NOT included in the Flo subscription and is really expensive. I also won't hesitate to pay whatever they ask.
    I bet it will be. That's how Flo operates and sets them apart from others.

I honestly think that with the payout if he keeps entry fees low and pit passes low you might see a huge car count and with a driver earning $1,000 no matter what that might get a persons attention that might not normally come. I mean there will be no other tracks running on Wednesday and Thursday. Also I think Tony did this so drivers that might not normally run the Dream might stay and run the Dream as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post
    only 7hrs you say
    7 hours is close, you guys act like super late model guys are broke.

How many IMCA modified and stock cars towed to Vegas two weeks ago to race for peanuts? Heck how about the 1300 cars or whatever number that towed to Bristol this year, the pay wasnt good there....

Ive towed from Iowa to Talladega for the Ice Bowl and $500 to win, went back a few weeks later to the Bama bash for $1000. Gave those trophies to kids in the stands always the smallest one that comes to the fence.

Racers race it hasnt got much to do with payout or entry fees its about the challenge and winning new at new places or new events. Racing for memories.... Yes if you suck you probably arent traveling that wouldnt make much sense to just travel around being a back marker.

I think the only people who care about these big purses or any purses are the fanboys.
    Last edited by stock car driver; 11-20-2021 at 09:38 PM.

Holy Smokes!!!! Too far off topic. Who isn’t excited about this? Bad A?? Stuff going on in Late Model racing. It’s a MILLION to win. Let’s see a good race! Hell, give Donnie Moran a provisional if he runs the same car he won the first one in. Too much!
    Scott Kleindorfer

Somebody has it. What where the times for a lap around eldora when donnie won the million ? In comparison with what Brandon Overton did last year ?

Bloomquist was fast time with a 16.187. About 1.5 seconds slower.
    2021 race count
    6 events

Everything about that place is different now than it was in 2001.

also entries were capped at 275 but when they ran it in June instead of the Dream they got 235. Had they ran it in October Earl said they would have came close to 275. He did say had there been no cut off and the race had ran in October he would have had over 300 cars there. Keep in mind that years World 100 had 263 cars

How different will the track be? I watched a recent video of new dirt being put on the track. Will the banking change?