Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default richards out at CBR

per DoD, not surprising

Yep, no surprise. Wonder who gets the ride and where Josh goes?

I have heard from a couple of reliable sources that Bowyer was selling out after this season. However, if he doesn't, I would say that whoever takes that ride is someone that is not wanting to advance their career. Josh was mid pack on a good night driving the CBR cars and we all know he hasn't forgotten how to drive a race car. He proved that when he took a back up car of a mid pack World of Outlaws driver and contended for the win both nights in Las Vegas last weekend while the primary driver was, once again, mid pack. I have also heard that Josh may hang up his helmet and go to work for Eibach, or another spring company working on set ups. I would love to see him get a ride for a contending team and see him back running up front and for the win on a consistent basis. Either way, good luck to both parties on their future endeavors.
    In order to be the man, you have to beat the man...

I'd like to see Rocket add a second car to the team.

Quote Originally Posted by seminole939913 View Post
    I have heard from a couple of reliable sources that Bowyer was selling out after this season. However, if he doesn't, I would say that whoever takes that ride is someone that is not wanting to advance their career. Josh was mid pack on a good night driving the CBR cars and we all know he hasn't forgotten how to drive a race car. He proved that when he took a back up car of a mid pack World of Outlaws driver and contended for the win both nights in Las Vegas last weekend while the primary driver was, once again, mid pack. I have also heard that Josh may hang up his helmet and go to work for Eibach, or another spring company working on set ups. I would love to see him get a ride for a contending team and see him back running up front and for the win on a consistent basis. Either way, good luck to both parties on their future endeavors.
    i know it said his crew chief was going to work on bowyers cattle farm on DoD

Probably miss the set up on the cattle too.....

Boom Briggs should step out of the seat and let Josh drive it on WoO tour.

The long awaiting and least surprising news of the silly season. Best of luck to Josh Richards going forward.

If CBR does stay open and they name a new driver, best of luck to that individual - you'll need it.
    Political correctness,...is the inability to speak the truth about the obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier_Dirt View Post
    Boom Briggs should step out of the seat and let Josh drive it on WoO tour.
    Yes, or run as a second car.

Josh lives about a mile down the road. I’ll go down after dinner and ask him

Seminole I would think Richards and Sheppard should be on close to the same stuff. I can't figure out why he struggled so much. I didn't watch enough to say if he had a lot of parts failures or what. I think he can drive as well as anyone on tour so I don't know what happened with them.

Quote Originally Posted by baker1b View Post
    Seminole I would think Richards and Sheppard should be on close to the same stuff. I can't figure out why he struggled so much. I didn't watch enough to say if he had a lot of parts failures or what. I think he can drive as well as anyone on tour so I don't know what happened with them.
    When Josh shows up with a helmet, who knows what he's on? Just because the cars have similar parts on them, it means little when 3 clicks on a rr shock can cost you .3 seconds.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by formercrewguy View Post
    I'd like to see Rocket add a second car to the team.
    Not happening, per Mark Richards lol

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    When Josh shows up with a helmet, who knows what he's on? Just because the cars have similar parts on them, it means little when 3 clicks on a rr shock can cost you .3 seconds.
    People have been failing to see whats wrong with the bowyer ride for years. Eveeybody wants to point the finger at the obvious things like the driver or crew, it goes deeper than that. Francis told everyone awhile back what the deal is when you go there to race. Clint wants you to have fun, was his exact words. So basically, like you say, you cant show up with a helmet bag and gets in the car and goes. Thats not necessarily the recipe for success.

Masterbilt _Racer that makes sense.

I am wishing a good ride comes around for Josh. He is a really good person and too good a driver to not have a good SLM ride.

Guy was the hottest driver in late models. Then he got out of the house car and was a mid pack driver. Wasted a lot of years playing around in the CBR cars

Quote Originally Posted by bullring View Post
    Guy was the hottest driver in late models. Then he got out of the house car and was a mid pack driver. Wasted a lot of years playing around in the CBR cars
    You're forgetting that he won the Lucas title the first year after leaving Rocket 1 when he drove for Best Motorsport. Terbo took that ride when Josh went to CBR after 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    People have been failing to see whats wrong with the bowyer ride for years. Eveeybody wants to point the finger at the obvious things like the driver or crew, it goes deeper than that. Francis told everyone awhile back what the deal is when you go there to race. Clint wants you to have fun, was his exact words. So basically, like you say, you cant show up with a helmet bag and gets in the car and goes. Thats not necessarily the recipe for success.
    I have heard the thing about Clint wanting his guys to have fun. It’s just weird cuz I always thought the fun part of racing comes when you are winning andHaving success wether that be carrying a helmet or laying in the dirt behind a open trailer burning the midnight oil. It seems like the downfall is Clint be a good person and prioritizing his brothers employment over having a team that competes at the level it should with the money it spends. I just wonder if clint said hey Mark I am going to send all my equipment with josh and give you control to hire who you want and maintain it like a second house car if mark would say no thanks Clint I am not interested In having a second house car on the other circuit which is fully paid for. Something tells me Mark and Baker would figure out a way to hire the right people and manage a second team so josh and bshepp could go head to head with longhorn’s defacto team house cars of tmac and Davenport. But this is capitalism so Clint can spend his money however he likes.

Quote Originally Posted by riddle28 View Post
    per DoD, not surprising
    I thought he left last year?

I would not be surprised to see him driving a 99R car at all. Boom has the funds and his dad's ear.