Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Drop Shock View Post
    I think it’s just as simple as longhorn is not building very good cars late in the year here. Thornton debuted a new car at the Pittsburgher then turned around and won the DTWC in an old car. Marlar is running a used 2020 car, EPJ is running the car Papich ran earlier in the year, T-Mac has mentioned how they have an old car they like best, and Davenport just talked after Charlotte about how his old car keeps winning and winning. But yes having Rumley’s assistance never hurt anybody
    Marlars car is not a used 2020, its a used 2021 that was only raced a handful of time before he got it.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Marlars car is not a used 2020, its a used 2021 that was only raced a handful of time before he got it.
    I was under the assumption it was Justin Smith’s from Kentucky crate car. I saw him win a few races in 2020 with a blue frame #7 longhorn at Ponderosa and Lake Cumberland on Crazy John’s Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by t4g2 View Post
    Id like to see Brent Larson in the rumley longhorn.
    To prove....????
    2021 race count
    6 events

That a trained monkey, Joe Biden or Jill George can win just by sitting in something rumley touches……or that’s what all the pundits say.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Landscape is littered with companies and brands that held a dominant position in their respective industries and lost it eventually. Chassis companies are no different, it’s not always easy being on top. Things “could” look a lot different in a few months or another year or two.
    I hate time trials.

Unfortunately Dirt Late Model racing seems to be a cyclical MONKEY SEE, MONKEY DO. I equate this to the engine builders. Wasn't it just a few years ago that every high profile team needed a Durham built engine and abandoning the Cornetts, Customs, Vic Hill's of the sport. Now Clements, Cornetts, Vic Hill & Jay D*ckens are back in demand. It is tough to stay on top. Rocket has been there a long time. The last time I checked, Rocket chassis were still winning a ton of races throughout the country. Funny how many on this board are rooting for them to fail....I would not bet against them.....just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLM$peed View Post
    Why would Turdo need one Seems to do ok in a Rocket. Had second most wins on tour
    And you don't want to see him win even more?

You have the 3 A team longhorns that have had really good years. In older cars I mite add that Rumley has been under at least 2 of those cars, Davenport and T-mac's. Rockets are there, I'm sure there doing some testing to find that tenth or 2 they seem to be lacking. It just shows the incredible year big sexy and that 76 team has had. In fact didn't Overton say the reason he didn't sweep the world's was because of a couple clicks on the RR ? that he himself questioned as to why he didn't do it.

Jeremy Clements

Default drivers you woud like to see in a longhorn

Layton Suilivan

Lewis Hamilton
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Tony Stewart. Then maybe he will dump this NHRA deal and put a slm team together.

Quote Originally Posted by oleman View Post
    Layton Suilivan
    I vote for Layton as well, to bad I don't have any money or pull!

My understanding is that Red Farmer will be in one in 2022.

Late Model Mark
    TST Announcer

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    Unfortunately Dirt Late Model racing seems to be a cyclical MONKEY SEE, MONKEY DO. I equate this to the engine builders. Wasn't it just a few years ago that every high profile team needed a Durham built engine and abandoning the Cornetts, Customs, Vic Hill's of the sport. Now Clements, Cornetts, Vic Hill & Jay D*ckens are back in demand. It is tough to stay on top. Rocket has been there a long time. The last time I checked, Rocket chassis were still winning a ton of races throughout the country. Funny how many on this board are rooting for them to fail....I would not bet against them.....just yet.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    By far, the best post on this thread.

Everyone wants the new "toy" that others are playing with.

Where were all these Longhorn lovers 10+ years ago, when EPJ was the only one trying the new "toy"?? Everyone on these boards, was saying how silly of a move that was... Guess testing (T-Mac, Davenport, Overton), experience, and engineering (Rumley), certainly has paid off... Ummm, for now.

Rockets this year, may have been just a slight tick below. However, I wouldn't put much money on them being that same tick below for long.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy 37 View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    By far, the best post on this thread.

Everyone wants the new "toy" that others are playing with.

Where were all these Longhorn lovers 10+ years ago, when EPJ was the only one trying the new "toy"?? Everyone on these boards, was saying how silly of a move that was... Guess testing (T-Mac, Davenport, Overton), experience, and engineering (Rumley), certainly has paid off... Ummm, for now.

Rockets this year, may have been just a slight tick below. However, I wouldn't put much money on them being that same tick below for long.
    I’m still here……10+ years later.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Brian Birkhofer LOL