Brandon Overton Crowned King of the Sandbox
Fourth Annual Gobbler 100 Up Next at Cochran Motor Speedway

EVANS, Ga. (11/01/21) – Taking his season’s win tally 30, Brandon Overton pocketed a $20,000 victory on Saturday night at Southern Raceway in his Wells & Sons Motorsports No. 76 Crossfit Overton / Allstar Concrete/ Longhorn Chassis by Wells Motorsports/ Clements Racing Engines Inc.-powered Super Late Model.

The win came in the finale of the annual King of the Sandbox at the Florida oval but was far from easy for Overton.

"I'll tell you what, I was sweating bullets before we started this deal. I couldn't qualify on the pole. I kept getting beat and had tough heat races every night. So you just go to Plan B, man. You just gotta sit right there and wait on 'em to make a mistake and capitalize on it," Overton said in Victory Lane. "Ashton (Winger) had bad luck and Bo (Slay) kind of got in there with those lapped cars. When you're out front, you're a sitting duck, and like I said, we just capitalized on it.

“Once we got out front, our car was back to normal. When you're behind, it's hard to judge anything because the track's so dirty and you feel like crap no matter what you do. It just all worked in our favor."

Brandon Overton entered the Wells Motorsports No. 76 Longhorn Chassis into battle on Friday evening at Southern Raceway (Milton, Fla.) in the opening round of the inaugural King of the Sandbox presented by Sweet Victory Apparel. In a field of 15 cars, Overton’s second-place finish in his heat race lined him up third on the starting grid for the preliminary feature. With $5,000 on the line, Brandon slipped one spot in the 30-lapper to register a fourth-place finish.
On Saturday, Brandon laid down the third-fastest time in his group before placing second in his heat race. Starting the feature in third, Overton wrestled away the lead from Bo Slay on lap 13 and paced the field for the remaining distance of the 60-lapper to capture his 30th win of the season and a $20,000 prize. He took the checkers ahead of Max Blair, Slay, Joseph Joiner, and Ryan Crane.
For the 31st annual Blue-Gray 100 on Sunday at Cherokee Speedway (Gaffney, S.C.), Overton topped the 29-car Carolina Clash Super Late Model Series field in qualifying before dashing to a heat race win. Rolling off fifth for the feature, Brandon challenged Chris Madden late in the race after pitting for a new tire on lap 66 but was unable to close the distance on the eventual race-winner. He trailed Madden across the line with Devin Moran, Carson Ferguson, and Michael Brown rounding out the Top-5.
The team will enter a final event this weekend – November 25-27 – with a trip to Cochran (Ga.) Motor Speedway for the $21,000-to-win fourth annual Gobbler 100.

Full event details are available at www.CochranSpeedway.com .

Brandon Overton would like to thank all of his marketing partners, which include Crossfit Overton, Wells Motorsports, Allstar Concrete, Longhorn Chassis by Wells, Big Dog Stump and Tree, RW Powell Construction, Convenient Lube, Big Blue Smoke House, Doug Campbell Body Shop, Clements Racing Engines, Penske Shocks, Hoosier by Brian, Top Notch Kustom Koncepts, Steering Buddy, Impact Race Gear, Swift Springs, Penn Grade Oil, Quarter Master, Earnhardt Technologies Group, Wilwood, All-Star Performance, Wehrs Machine, Schoenfeld, Winters Performance, Performance Bodies, Peterson Fluid Systems, Sunoco Race Fuels, Fast Shafts, AFCO Racing Products, COMP Cams, Quickcar Products, and MSR Mafia Marketing Services.

For the latest information concerning Brandon Overton, please visit www.BrandonOverton76.com. To learn more about Wells Motorsports, visit www.WellsAndSonsMotorsports.com .

PR Contact:
Ben Shelton (ben.shelton@myracepass.com)