Default Buckshot Speedway in Clayton Alabama

Did anyone attend the first ever race at this joint this past weekend? Seen some online videos and shots. Looked like a nice track.

I did not make it , but have known and raced with Billy Wilkins and family for years , they are good people and should do well ,

It was said by some of my buddies that this track was not going to be able to draw fans or cars. Sure this track is located just outside of Clanton in the Southern part of the state, however a quick thrown together race recently had a very nice car count and an overflow crowd. Yes it was run in the so called off season but it is a good start. Time will tell how it will perform in 2022 during the meat of the season but I think Billy Wilkins and staff will do well. Just hope they don't rely only on Facebook to get the word out like so many tracks in this state do. I wish them them the best.

LMM

Heck I don't even think they have a FB page yet. They will probably get some cars from the old Shelby Co track and some Montgomery/Auburn area cars. I plan on catching a race in the spring.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by toddg13 View Post
    Heck I don't even think they have a FB page yet. They will probably get some cars from the old Shelby Co track and some Montgomery/Auburn area cars. I plan on catching a race in the spring.

They have a page. It's a Facebook Group <> link below.
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100073067900754
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1