Default Duck River Raceway Park under new ownership for 2022 season.

Duck River Raceway Park in Wheel, TN will be under new ownership when the 2022 season begins. The track has been purchased by Mr. Russell Boothe of Nolensville, TN from former owner Bob Harris. Mr. Boothe plans improvements to the facility along with structuring gate prices and race purses to pack the stands and the pits to bring back how we all remember Duck River to be. A meeting is planned for December 5th at Duck River Raceway Park, LLC from noon until 5:00 PM CST for discussion of future plans. Best wishes to Mr. Boothe and his staff in bringing "The Duck" or "Ducktona" (as some know it) back to the forefront of dirt track racing, southern style.
    In order to be the man, you have to beat the man...

Does anyone know what Duck River sold for ? thanks

There first race is a complete sh!t show. 10 classes

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    There first race is a complete sh!t show. 10 classes
    That is the problem around here they still don't get it and by the time they do it will be to late oh well.

10 classes what a joke.
    Just shows you don’t need fans when you make a living off the racers.
    Makes one wonder how they packed the stands with 4 classes.
    Maybe because they started 20-30 car per class not just 6-8

I agree having 10 classes is a bit ridiculous. But that's the way most tracks around here think. My biggest complaint in the past is that they think that people enjoy seeing qualifying instead of heat races. Unless it is some type of special occasion I say let everyone pill draw and run heat races instead of qualifying the top 4 or 5 classes and then running a feature.
    I know the drivers prefer to qualify because their cars don't get beat and banged on as much. But as a fan I want to see RACING not qualifying. It gets boring to wait 2 hours to see the same guys have fast time and start on the pole and lead every lap. Make them earn their trophy.
    Now on a higher paying race I agree they should qualify but on their weekly shows I say skip qualifying and heat race.

Maybe the new owners will make some changes and hire people that don't agree with the drivers to qualify and let the fans see more racing instead.
    JMO
    Last edited by MidTnDirtFan; 02-06-2022 at 06:40 AM.

What they don't understand is that you can draw the same amount of cars with less classes an you can rotate your classes to keep everybody happy.

winter races are always back gate races, i thought everyone knew that. Fans never turn out strong if its below 50*

Quote Originally Posted by castone View Post
    Does anyone know what Duck River sold for ? thanks
    If the internet is correct $650k

Quote Originally Posted by riddle28 View Post
    winter races are always back gate races, i thought everyone knew that. Fans never turn out strong if its below 50*
    They will run 10 classes all year.

Quote Originally Posted by 0cents View Post
    If the internet is correct $650k
    That was the asking price may not of sold for that.