Thread: 411 speedway

Default 411 speedway

I’ll be making my first trip this weekend for the leftover Friday and Saturday. Where’s the best place to stay? Is there any must go to restaurants?

Seymour Grille and/or Chapman Restaurant or for more $$: Ye Olde Steakhouse is awesome
    Last edited by foxfire2dirtracing; 11-24-2021 at 01:42 AM. Reason: Add

I’d stay in Maryville/Alcoa. It’s essentially the same distance to there or Pigeon Forge and PF will have infinitely more hotels and restaurants, but it will also come with stand still holiday traffic, inflated prices, and just more headache unless you’re looking to do some touristy stuff.

I believe there’s a Holiday Inn Express and a Fairfield in the Alcoa area. Hit up Hot Rod’s Diner or Smoky Mtn Brewing Co if you stay over that way.

I stayed east Knoxville last year and drive was quick 20 minutes roughly from days Inn by Wyndham. Was restaurant across interstate that was nice and good. We parked car in pits on back stretch hiill, good view

Thanks everyone. I’ll stay clear of the tourist area. With the early start times at the track we wouldn’t have time for any site seeing anyway.

We've made this race a yearly trip. My wife uses the excuse to go to the race to look at the lights in PF. She knows I wont leave the house if there isnt race fuel involved. Looks like there is going to be a pretty decent field of supers there on Saturday.

The only downfalls of the place are, im not a fan of all the classes on a cold day or night. Ive raced on mx tracks smoother than the parking lot. Hope you have fun!
    Last edited by zyoung25; 11-24-2021 at 04:08 PM.

You can stay right in downtown Knoxville as well. Several places to stay. Not too bad of a drive from there to 411 either. If you do stay in Knoxville, hit up a Scottish pub called The Jig and Reel in Old Towne or an Irish pub called Clancy’s on Gay Street right downtown. Food is good and the adult beverages on tap are cold.

Be mindful that Tennessee/Vandy have a JV football game at 3:45 in Knoxville on Saturday.

C’mon now Billy! Take it easy on my Vols!

Thanks again everyone. This will be very helpful.

They’re actually a little better than I expected honestly.

Happy Thanksgiving Brett looking at riding up to 411 for the hangover depending on weather.

Supposed to be sunny and 54 degrees Saturday. Cold at night.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!