Default Dirt On Dirt Million Preview

I watched the dirt on dirt million preview and they stated that you could see a surprise winner. Also to expect car counts around 85 to 110 cars but alot of buzz has been generated so who knows. I still say we could get to 200 cars but it will only happen with help from regional cars and stars.

We’re not getting close to 200 cars in 2022. I would imagine that 85-100 range is most likely and that’s fine in todays age.

There will end up being 60-80 cars. This idea that all of the local/guys are going leave their local tracks where they win regularly to tow 8 hours or whatever to run at the tail of a B-scramble is misguided in today’s racing economy.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Ideally anyone can win. Realistically the same 6-7 drivers only have a chance of winning.
    2021 race count
    6 events

There will end up being 60-80 cars. This idea that all of the local/guys are going leave their local tracks where they win regularly to tow 8 hours or whatever to run at the tail of a B-scramble is misguided in today’s racing economy.

Lets not forget what happened at Bristol!

Is the xr series racing that weekend for 50k? If so I see some regional guys going to chase that money.
    Even a few bigger names going for a better chance. If not then I see 100 but if so I see 70 to 80.

115-120 cars

It's Eldora!!!

Quote Originally Posted by t4g2 View Post
    Is the xr series racing that weekend for 50k? If so I see some regional guys going to chase that money.
    Even a few bigger names going for a better chance. If not then I see 100 but if so I see 70 to 80.
    No Postponed it a week.

I see 75 to 85 cars. I disagree with the 6 to 8 that can win it all. First thing, that's a long race and if a guy hits on set up and tires, your winner could easily come from anywhere in that field. Sure, timing well as always gets you in a better position. My question is how many teams will show up with one off chassis designs and time bombs for powerplants.

Is a time bomb like a midnight special probably be some of them there too.

I'd say around 85 and that's fine with me. Tracks are already pushed to their limits these days with the car counts we have at most joints. You image how crappy Eldora would be if you had close to 200 cars turning laps with the HP they lay down these days? Heck, there's times the track and racing is crappy with 60 - 70 cars. Only way you'd see anywhere close to 150 - 200 these days is if you took that million and spread it over the field much better. You could even do it to where you have a feature for 24 cars that didn't make the A-main paying a regular $5k or $7.5k purse.

I'll say 85 tops. Another guess maybe 10to12 with a real shot at the win.