Default Mastersbilt Midplate

Looking for some advice from the 4M world. Running what is supposed to be a copy of a Mastersbilt Smackdown. Doing some frame updates and would like to raise the engine more than what I currently can do with a stock dimension midplate. Currently running a PPM. I see on the PPM website there’s a part for 2005 and newer Mastersbilt and then a Pre-2005 version. Based on the images on the PPM site I have a “Pre-2005” plate. I see for the 2005 and newer version there’s an option to get a raised 1” version of the midplate, but not for the older cars. I called PPM and they can custom make me one for basically double the price of a new one. Before I go that route does anyone know of a pre-2005 plate that is raised? Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance!

Can't you just add on to and drill the appropriate holes on your current midplate to make it work?

Thanks! I was considering that. I currently do not have a welder suited for aluminum but it may be more cost effective to find a local welding shop that could take on the job for me.

Weld in new tabs above the current ones on the chassis side and you can still use the midplate you currently have.

Quote Originally Posted by Mopar DLM View Post
    Weld in new tabs above the current ones on the chassis side and you can still use the midplate you currently have.
    This is what i was thinking would be most cost effective