Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default T-Carp, RTJ, Dudes, and Special Olympics

1. Tyler Carpenter with a mic in his face is bad for sport. He sure makes us all look like a bunch of trash dont he? While it was entertaining in '19 its really only gotten worse since then. BUT I guess maybe there is a crowd for that type of behavior?

2. RTJ. Come on man sure its heat of the moment but really? Then the next day say Im sorry and give a whopping $500 to Special Olympics as a way to apologize is laughable! (Carpenter called someone 'pussies' but that must be a word thats ok to say now.

3. Tyler Carpenter's shoes. Gateway Facebook page says he paid a 'fine' and the issue was addressed. Did he buy Cody's lunch? What exactly is a fine? If it was not for everyone on social media pointing it out nothing was going to be said. I noticed at least 2 times last night guys with no gloves on. Does nobody check this safety stuff anymore or are we going to have someone burn a limb off to wake up the promoters to this?

Just being a keyboard warrior and pounding keys!!

Ricky Thornton is just a crybaby b!tch. Id like to buy him for what he is worth and sell him for what he thinks he’s worth.

Where's his Ole lady ? Him talking about puss*es is funny. He's never passed on one no matter what it smelled like.

You need to be careful who you shove that mic in front of especially at a race like this.

2021 race count
    6 events

It’s funny to me that people are so concerned with others lives. If it doesn’t involve you, why do you care?

Good on RTJ for admitting he made a mistake.
    Jack Hewitt gets a lot attention for his "tell it like it is" interviews and I used to think he was entertaining. The older I get I kinda think that kind of stuff is embarrassing and I appreciate Ronnie Johnson, Freddy Smith, Jimmy Owens and guys of that ilk more and more.

I would bet that should Tyler win tomorrow night, he won't get the attempt in the Niece Motorsports truck ride at Knoxville. The overlords at NASCAR won't want that on the national stage.Keep that circus back in the hills of the Ohio Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by Clump O Clay View Post
    I would bet that should Tyler win tomorrow night, he won't get the attempt in the Niece Motorsports truck ride at Knoxville. The overlords at NASCAR won't want that on the national stage.Keep that circus back in the hills of the Ohio Valley.
    I wondered about that too.

The real losers, sorry to say are the children. Imagine the mouths on those little girls. Real shame.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    The real losers, sorry to say are the children. Imagine the mouths on those little girls. Real shame.
    You have no idea. Those girls don’t stand a chance.

Sticking a microphone in a riled up racers face is stupider than the stuff they end up saying. It's unrealistic to expect pointless, politician answers with no emotion out of people THAT RACE DIRT CARS. The announcers and commentators are to blame as well as fans that expect complete objectivity.

The least surprising thing about the entire thing is that the guy wears Hey Dudes….. Of course he does.

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post
    1. Tyler Carpenter with a mic in his face is bad for sport. He sure makes us all look like a bunch of trash dont he? While it was entertaining in '19 its really only gotten worse since then. BUT I guess maybe there is a crowd for that type of behavior?

2. RTJ. Come on man sure its heat of the moment but really? Then the next day say Im sorry and give a whopping $500 to Special Olympics as a way to apologize is laughable! (Carpenter called someone 'pussies' but that must be a word thats ok to say now.

3. Tyler Carpenter's shoes. Gateway Facebook page says he paid a 'fine' and the issue was addressed. Did he buy Cody's lunch? What exactly is a fine? If it was not for everyone on social media pointing it out nothing was going to be said. I noticed at least 2 times last night guys with no gloves on. Does nobody check this safety stuff anymore or are we going to have someone burn a limb off to wake up the promoters to this?

It was not entertaining in "19 (though the juvenile part of the fanbase will love it). All it does is illustrate his limited vocabulary. It is embarrassing.

I've got a pair of Dudes. Those are some comfy @ss shoes. Since I never wear socks in them I wouldn't recommend them for driving shoes.

Back when I was a race tech guy I had to wear fire resistant socks.
    Political correctness,...is the inability to speak the truth about the obvious.

I've been around this sport for a long time, I have never saw anyone specifically checking a drivers safety clothing. I've witnessed the safety of the car checked on occasion, but as far as what the driver wears, that usually gets pointed out in the same way that it did with Tyler. If the truth is being told, the hey dudes probably provide as much protection as some of the wore out shoes you see at a racetrack every weekend.

And no, I'm not defending Tyler. I was ok with 2019, but I'm over it now. All I can think of when I hear him talk is the comment Jimmy Mars made about Bloomquist, "Just try being normal once, you might like it".

Normal is not possible with that bunch, he acts the same way when he wins a local show at Ohio Valley even though they have better equipment than 99.9% of the people they race with on most occasions

Quote Originally Posted by Drop Shock View Post
    Normal is not possible with that bunch, he acts the same way when he wins a local show at Ohio Valley even though they have better equipment than 99.9% of the people they race with on most occasions
    They might have better equipment than half the field at the tracks they run. Todd Brennen, Ronnie Mayle and the Burdette's don't bring garbage to the track

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    They might have better equipment than half the field at the tracks they run. Todd Brennen, Ronnie Mayle and the Burdette's don't bring garbage to the track
    You don’t get to win as many big races in the area that he has the last 5-6 years and have all the new bolt ons for free or at dealer cost and get to cry poor mouth about it. If you can’t afford it go run a hobby stock. They kid that one last night worked just as hard as Tyler to get on the stage and guess what he didn’t have to act like a complete moron about it

This event is a trainwreck on the track and they look to interview as many drunk people as they can. This is Jerry Springer dirt track racing.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1