Thread: Flo racing

Default Flo racing

Was working good all night the midget A-main has been brutal to try and watch and don’t have high hopes at this rate for supers anyone else having these issues?

No issues on my end.

The midgets race much better on this track than the other 2 classes, which are usually just rolling demolition derbies.

Haven't had an issue all night

No issues here.

For some reason I never have trouble watching on my lap top but I often have feed troubles watching on my big screen smart TV. I dunno. They both get their feed from the in house WiFi router. I can have them both on at the same time and the smart TV will go stupid on me with the feed.

I watched tonight's show without any issues on the lap top.
    Political correctness,...is the inability to speak the truth about the obvious.

no issues at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgs153 View Post
    For some reason I never have trouble watching on my lap top but I often have feed troubles watching on my big screen smart TV. I dunno. They both get their feed from the in house WiFi router. I can have them both on at the same time and the smart TV will go stupid on me with the feed.

I'd say the processor and memory on your laptop is better. Had a few early laptops that I bought on a budget and they were slow and horrible at streaming. If you paid around $200 for your system you're in a 4 cyl., $500 you're in the crate, $1000 you're rocking the super wide bore monster. Those low prices on computers and smart TV's really aren't a deal if they don't perform to your needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgs153 View Post

A HDMI cable from your laptop to your smart TV is how I watch live Flo events. No problem so far.
    8/13/16

Every TV is suddenly a Smart TV if you plug in a computer via HDMI. The reason to have a smart TV is to not have to plug a computer into it. Must have got the 65" Smarty for $279 from Walmart

Not sure if this is helpful but I have a 10 yr old non-smart LG but use a 100 dollar dual processor Roku stand alone unit (not a stick) and never have a problem. ........ My bud has a junk non-smart tv in his garage and he got the 25 dollar Roku stick, which is also a dual processor, and we watch the races often in his garage and never a problem.

The Roku products perform well in my experience and for 25 bucks you can turn a non-smart tv into a semi-smart one cuz you can add apps thru your Roku you otherwise couldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    A HDMI cable from your laptop to your smart TV is how I watch live Flo events. No problem so far.
    That's how I do it as well. There is occasional buffering, but my stuff is all old, so IDK if it's FLO or the Computer. They've come a long way. A couple years ago, I'd have both chat and the races on the screen, as full screen races weren't that great a picture. Now days, as long as they have a good signal at the track, full screen is great! And with the Computer setup with extended desktop, can play online with the race in the background. lol

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    Every TV is suddenly a Smart TV if you plug in a computer via HDMI. The reason to have a smart TV is to not have to plug a computer into it. Must have got the 65" Smarty for $279 from Walmart
    Lol, my smart TV is only as smart as the tech challenged person🤓, ae myself that's pushing the buttons. Doesn't take much knowhow to plug in a HDMI cable and it takes all of about 15 seconds.
    8/13/16

My Smart TV's are older. They only got 2.4 band wifi, and I never ran hard lines to them. Last I knew, I couldn't watch the streams on them because Samsung TV's didn't support Flash. That obviously has changed by now, but for me the Computer to TV is set up and works for me. Can view my Xfinity line up without renting additional boxes as well.You're generally getting a better TV if you get a smart TV anyway. They don't make them with great picture quality and non smart.