Thread: Tst

Default Tst

times a changing , for the first time I can remember , talladega short track will not run super late models every sat night , only on certain weekends , kind of sad , but I guess I understand because not many local self funded teams can afford to run them any more , I guess crates will be the premier class now, what say you LMM ?????

With Dixie an Rome not running be a good rime to run them.

not crazy about this but i will say its nice they did bring in some bigger super races thru the year instead of the rinky dink sas races twice a year on cup weekends

The Bama Bash. 17-19, should be a big weekend for TST, just hope the weather is good.
    -------------------------
    See you down the road!!!!

thats end of her too!!!ANOTHER PROMOTER THAT THINKS CRATE RACING IS GONNA SAVE THE WORLD...This mentalty has ruined the south...Lets face it fans do not come out and support local crates ,You have to rely on the back gate and rob everyone that goes thru it....also there are too many crate classes all the cars look the same and are confusing to new fans another probb of the south too many class and racing half the night.....

Here is the deal in my view and my view only. Of course track owners must not lose money and keep the gates open.

In 2022 Supers cannot run for what we pay them and we cannot afford to pay them what they deserve.

We will run the Supers at least 16 times out of the 30+ shows and pay them more money. The other classes will get paid more money to win and start.

It was tough to have 8 SLM cars run for 30 laps and see them spread out over the track, not fair or exciting for the fans even though the teams that showed busted their a$$ out there.

I love Supers, but you have to be smart these years.

TST is spending a wad of money on improvements, enhancements, and upgrading in so many areas including the long bitched about bathroom situation, long overdue, I have seen "cans" getting built from scratch and as recently as yesterday. It also has a built in stage on one side for bands and stuff.

The track has been worked, dug up, groomed so many times since the Ice Bowl, track prep will be sweet.

Tough choices have and will be made so TST is viable for many years to come, had over 120 cars for practice last Sunday.

If people knew the overall costs for facilities weekly, monthly, daily, race nights and so on, you gotta be smart. When we run the Supers, we will make it count, 16 out of 30 is not bad.

Late Model Mark
    TST Announcer

SAS just had the 76, 49, 22, 44 and a few other really good supers at Cherokee. Some of the top in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Late_Model_Mark View Post
    Here is the deal in my view and my view only. Of course track owners must not lose money and keep the gates open. In 2022 Supers cannot run for what we pay them and we cannot afford to pay them what they deserve.We will run the Supers at least 16 times out of the 30+ shows and pay them more money. The other classes will get paid more money to win and start. It was tough to have 8 SLM cars run for 30 laps and see them spread out over the track, not fair or exciting for the fans even though the teams that showed busted their a$$ out there. I love Supers, but you have to be smart these years. TST is spending a wad of money on improvements, enhancements, and upgrading in so many areas including the long bitched about bathroom situation, long overdue, I have seen "cans" getting built from scratch and as recently as yesterday. It also has a built in stage on one side for bands and stuff.The track has been worked, dug up, groomed so many times since the Ice Bowl, track prep will be sweet. Tough choices have and will be made so TST is viable for many years to come, had over 120 cars for practice last Sunday. If people knew the overall costs for facilities weekly, monthly, daily, race nights and so on, you gotta be smart. When we run the Supers, we will make it count, 16 out of 30 is not bad. Late Model MarkTST Announcer
    👍 Great post. Thanks for explaining this in more detail. We fans are lucky to have tracks like TST 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    SAS just had the 76, 49, 22, 44 and a few other really good supers at Cherokee. Some of the top in the country.
    you wouldnt see that at the tst sas races the last few years. page and horton were the biggest names that came usually

Quote Originally Posted by riddle28 View Post
    you wouldnt see that at the tst sas races the last few years. page and horton were the biggest names that came usually
    Gotcha . I could see that.

I agree with all you said mark , and realize you have to consider the good of the whole , but for me personally , as some one thats been going there since I was 15 years old (43 years) , its still a bit concerning , I do appreciate the new owners efforts and think its a great thing there doing .....JMO....

well You do a great job Mark.I had praised yall in the past for hanging in there with supers..I have seen this very same idea about phasing the supers out in the south and the tracks seem to phase themelves out when All is said and done...One thing the supers never had in the south was a deal like ump and bob memher good organzation and the same rules...One thing the south needs to learn is pay more attention to track prep get those machines to loosen the tracks up more in between races put some traction in the top and bottom .You can learn alot watching pay per view.I am just not a crate supporter for lots of reason.I think the south and some northern tracks went down when the tracks stopped weekly supers and had a limited class under them that had the flat top flat tappet 362 rule.You could build them yourself and not have to go pay someone to cheat for you....If I was a promoter Crates would not be allowed thru the gate....

I can't understand why so many guys go buy Lucas level stuff to run 5 Lucas shows and sit in the garage the rest of the summer. Why not have an engine that's cheap to build and maintain and go support some weekly shows? Bolt some used rubber on those nights too. I feel like no one knows how to race anymore. You can race a super on a $3500/night budget or $500/night. For many people, the on track results will be almost the same.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Well the difference is the premier tracks up north run 2 or 3 classes and pay good money ever night and they have plenty of cars in each class because they are paying good money in the south they run 8,9,10 I've seen up to 11 classes they are running so many classes they can't pay anybody what they should.

you hit the nail on the head 3 wide..Thats why I say racing in the south went downhill when crates came along,We had no probb when supes was the top class and the class underwas a limited 362 steel head flat top flat tappet engine..

GREAT point MasterSbilt racer - sometimes racers are their worst enemy. Don't need a $50k wide bore and brand new car every year to run weekly shows and 5 touring series races.