Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Dome Race

I just like mods and Latemodels mostly

I have raced on fifth my tracks in the past and have to say the Dome race is fairly typical for being a track where there will be contact between race cars. The bad thing about a race under the dome is that it is hard to keep enough water in the track to keep it from falling apart and getting rough. The thing is drivers and fans still want to see some racing in December.

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    I attend many late model, sprint car, and USMTS modified shows each year. I also attend a few midget shows (Powri and USAC), but there are not as many of them in my area.

With out any doubt in my mind, midgets provide the best and most consistent racing of any of these classes. They are basically a "hidden gem" seeing that they are not readily available to a lot of folks.
    You're absolutely right on all counts, ff. As I've said many, many times, I love DLM's and attend as many, or more DLM shows per season as any other division. With that said, on average from a spectator point of view, the top echelon midgets put on more intensely exciting and enjoyable racing than any other division that races on dirt.

Driver skill, talent and bravery needed to be a consistent winner in top echelon midgets is higher than any other dirt division except for maybe wingless 410 sprint cars. That isn't my opinion, it's the opinion of a driver that has been inducted into multiple national racing hall's of fame who has won races driving DLM's, mods, winged & wingless 410 sprint cars, USAC Silver Crown cars on dirt and pavement and yes.............midgets.

That statement is not a knock on any other dirt division, it's merely stating fact.

Quote Originally Posted by 50Dixon50 View Post
    I just like mods and Latemodels mostly
    And that is okay.

Personally, I like all of the forms that I mentioned in my earlier post. They all have provided good racing, but as I mentioned earlier, the midgets provide the best racing (cars consistently battling for position). They rarely have a snoozer.

Driver who finished on the podium in all 3 features said the midget was the most fun, already talking to Cody about getting them back.

Quote Originally Posted by Mod Runner View Post
    The thing is drivers and fans still want to see some racing in December.
    This is my take. I'm just happy to see racing in December, with some big names.

Quote Originally Posted by Birky.Fan View Post
    This is my take. I'm just happy to see racing in December, with some big names.
    It is a show of shows

It’s remarkable that they get done what they get done, and all of it basically works like it should.

Hats off to all of them that make it happen.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????