Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Floracing.com

Default Floracing.com

Flo-racing is absolutely horrible

Can you elaborate? For the streaming or the content? I have watched hours of various races this year from Eldora to the cornfields of Iowa and never had any issues what so ever with the streaming. The best $150 a year a race fan could spend.

I use FLO Racing on a firestick and it always works well.

I thought that Flo did an excellent job over the 3 days of Gateway. Stellar camera work and, I thought, good announcing from the reporters. It's a very difficult job to broadcast an event of this scope with only a few minor glitches, one being some early interviews Saturday night with the audio clearly not that of the video being shown. The drone crashing on the back deck of the Late Model during lineups was a hoot.

Cody Sommers and group put on a thoroughly entertaining event and about the only thing that would have made it better for me was if Austin, the young first time LM heat winner on Thursday had taken the main win last night. He showed the enthusiasm and appreciation for the sport that first attracted many of us to racing. He made me smile and remember way back when...

ya DoD kicked me to the curb...they will never miss my measly $150

I got the buffering blues maybe 4 times over 3 days or 16 hours of footage. That's not that bad. Just frustrating when it happens.
    What can you say about Austin Simpson. Hadn't seen him race for a couple years. Had no idea he was in a super and was totally shell shocked at the results. What a feelgood story.
    8/13/16

I never had one issue all weekend, and Im on probably crapiest internet for streaming too. That seems to happen when you live in the sticks.

I've never had a problem with any streaming platform.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

I too, am way out in the boonies with an internet download speed of around just 17 MBPS using a Roku stick and Flo worked flawlessly all weekend long. Not once did it buffer or drop the stream.

A receiver/antenna some 100 feet up in a pine tree and bouncing off hot spots for my internet and only had a couple of 20-30 second buffering incidents over three days. Thinking of putting receivers on some of the goats and, with their wanderings, see if reception improves but it's pretty decent already. LOL

I experienced a little buffering Friday night during the midget feature,but otherwise it was fine. We were also streaming our local HS playoff game as well. I use a laptop with an HDMI cable output to our big screen. Our internet/router is not that great either.

I missed most of last night due to a nephew's birthday get-together.
    Formerly 66#1

Quote Originally Posted by pierceFAN View Post
    ya DoD kicked me to the curb...they will never miss my measly $150
    Did you not renew your subscription or did they have some sort of meeting, decided to single you out, and systematically get rid of you? Just curious...In all seriousness though, what do you mean?

Still waiting on 50Dixon50 to tell us all why FLO is so horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    Can you elaborate? For the streaming or the content? I have watched hours of various races this year from Eldora to the cornfields of Iowa and never had any issues what so ever with the streaming. The best $150 a year a race fan could spend.
    A lot of buffering problems stopped a couple times but I used roku if their is a better way I'm open to ideas

Quote Originally Posted by 50Dixon50 View Post
    A lot of buffering problems stopped a couple times but I used roku if their is a better way I'm open to ideas
    Don't miss understand me had a few problems but man what a great show I usually go but health won't quite allow that these days

Almost all issues with steam stability are on the end user.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I had no problem. Was very happy with the show all 3 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Yep, found that out a few months ago. Switched from Firestick to a Roku and problem resolved!

Restart your wifi router and streaming stick each event.......and youll have very few problems!

Flo Racing as far from horrible, have not had any issues and have viewed scores of races, great service.

Late Model Mark
    Talladega Announcer

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Josh, you post that every time this subject comes up. I don’t think anyone listens. For what its worth, my audio/video engineer friend says the same. On Flo, via Firestick, I watch racing and a lot of ECHL hockey --- and I hardly ever have any buffering issues. I have the best tier internet that I can get, xfinity, if that matters.