Default Kankakee speedway!

Does anyone know who the new promotor of the Kankakee speedway is? I see they have a summer national date but is there a promoter yet???

I haven't heard nothing yet either and I've been asking around the last few weeks. I think the person or group might be keeing it hush for right now.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

I heard it was two different people..First I heard Steven Brooks and then I heard the spatola family they did buy the grader at end of season for the track so I'm betting the spatola family

just curious if anything new

Heard it might be the Knippenberg family if the old man is well enough. Right now he has some health issues. If they can't heard Tom will be back without a contract to help out.

Knippenbergs have been around the Chicagoland racing scene for a very long time. They would be good running Kankakee. I'd be happy with them folks promoting K3.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

It looks like Kankakee will not be open for weekly racing in 2022.

That's terrible. There's such a long history there, you really hate to see it succumb like many other tracks have.

Kankakee has had a lot of great area racing families try to run the track. Makes me think the fairboard is the problem
    Just look at what the O'Conners have done with Kokomo

Quote Originally Posted by bullring View Post
    Kankakee has had a lot of great area racing families try to run the track. Makes me think the fairboard is the problem
    Just look at what the O'Conners have done with Kokomo
    the fair board has always been an issue with each and every promotor...They should lease the track and collect the rent check...THATS ALL...Every time they get a good promotor they run them out