Thumbs up FAIRBURY - Prairie Dirt Classic NEWS - $50,000 in lap money plus $50K to a fan raffle

2022 Prairie Dirt Classic to Pay Up to $100,000-To-Win with $500 Per Lap Leader Bonus

New FALS Draw to Pay One Lucky Fan $50,000

FAIRBURY, Ill. (12/09/21) – One certainty during each year’s Prairie Dirt Classic presented by the Bank of Pontiac and the Illinois State Rifle Association is that the on-track action leads to some of the best racing anywhere in the country.

Now, there’s even more incentive for the World of Outlaws (WoO) Morton Buildings Late Model Series drivers to push the ragged edge as they will have up to $50,000 in added cash on the line during the July 29-30 mega event. With the newly-announced $500 per lap leader bonus as well as a $50,000 winner’s check, a green-to-checkered sweep of the 100-lap finale would lead to one driver claiming a whopping $100,000.

“Lap money is something we’ve been wanting to add to the Prairie Dirt Classic, and in 2022 we’re making it a reality at a whopping $500 per lap led. This adds some serious additional cash to the feature event. With what we have in place, Kyle Larson would’ve won over $85,000 at this year’s Prairie Dirt Classic since he led 70 laps and got the $50,000 winner’s check,” said Fairbury Speedway track owner and promoter, Matt Curl. “This event is known to result in a lot of leaders, with 37 different lead changes since the World of Outlaws began sanctioning the Prairie Dirt Classic in 2013, which translates to nearly five lead changes per year. We want to throw a wildcard element out there to the drivers to encourage them to give it their all, every single lap. With an extra $50,000 on the line, odds are that the racing up front will take on a whole new complexion.”

Not stopping there, Fairbury Speedway has also announced the brand-new FALS Draw, which offers the opportunity for one lucky race patron to win a whopping $50,000 during the 32nd annual Prairie Dirt Classic. Fans can enter the contest by purchasing one of the limited 100 tickets. Each ticket is priced at $1,000.

$50,000 of the money raised in the FALS Draw will go to a lucky fan, while the other $50,000 collected will go toward the lap money in the feature. Additionally, seven different FALS Draw participants will win $1,000 during Friday’s portion of the epic weekend.

“Not only did we want to give the racers a chance to win more money, but we also wanted the fans to have a chance at a mega payday as well,” Curl noted. “The FALS Draw for the fans is something I’ve been kicking around for a while in my head, and we are going to give it a shot in 2022. It’ll definitely add another dimension to the event.”

A unique aspect of the FALS Draw is that tickets can be purchased in a number of ways. It doesn’t matter how it’s put together as it could be a group of friends, race teams, or business owners who split the cost of the ticket. Regardless of how they are purchased, each ticket will have the same chance to win $50,000. The bonus lap money and FALS Draw payout are guaranteed for the event.

Purchasing a FALS Draw ticket includes entry into a VIP hospitality dinner on the Saturday of the Prairie Dirt Classic. Additionally, all tickets will be entered into a Friday night drawing for a two-seater ride.

Contestants do not need to be present to win the prize money.

FALS Draw tickets will go on sale and be up for grabs on the Fairbury Speedway website starting Saturday, January 1. More details and contest rules will be made available online in the coming weeks at www.FairburySpeedway.com.

All event information, including ticket renewals and reserved seats for the 2022 Prairie Dirt Classic, will be released after the first of the year.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

OK, so you pay $1000 for a one in 100 chance in getting 50k. one winner, 99 losers. How many fans realistically can pay $1000 for such a thing outside of the normal sugar daddies of the sport? (Hoker, Petroff, Dyer ect,)

I gotta figure out how to make a gimmick like that work the benefit me too and do it legally.

I just do not understand why everything in this sport has to be so top heavy and why everything has to fall on the burden of the fans.

Im sure I will get stoned for saying all this but dang, I dont want to end up paying $75 for a one day show with 30 cars and $5 hot dogs because this it the path we are heading down.

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post
    OK, so you pay $1000 for a one in 100 chance in getting 50k. one winner, 99 losers. How many fans realistically can pay $1000 for such a thing outside of the normal sugar daddies of the sport? (Hoker, Petroff, Dyer ect,)

I gotta figure out how to make a gimmick like that work the benefit me too and do it legally.

I just do not understand why everything in this sport has to be so top heavy and why everything has to fall on the burden of the fans.

Im sure I will get stoned for saying all this but dang, I dont want to end up paying $75 for a one day show with 30 cars and $5 hot dogs because this it the path we are heading down.
    Nobody is making anyone pay if they don't want to. That's gambling lol.

Do you ever have anything positive to contribute? It's the same song and dance every post with you.
    Last edited by Pennsboro32; 12-10-2021 at 11:38 AM.

Dumb white boy acts like someone is going to put a gun to his head and force him to buy one.

Realistically I can afford to buy one or quite a few more. Someone could also get 3 other friends or family members to go in $250 each and split $50k. Or 5 people could put $200 in and win $10k each.
    2021 race count
    6 events

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    Nobody is making anyone pay if they don't want to. That's gambling lol.

Do you ever have anything positive to contribute? It's the same song and dance every post with you.
    Its awesome to live rent free in someone's head.

I will assure you, that you’re not in anybody’s head. I just enjoy making ignorant people look even more ignorant.
    Last edited by Pennsboro32; 12-11-2021 at 01:41 PM.

Just curious -- has any of the payout other than the winners or those leading laps increased? What does the PDC at America's Dirt Track pay to start.

Quote Originally Posted by cgrace View Post
    Just curious -- has any of the payout other than the winners or those leading laps increased? What does the PDC at America's Dirt Track pay to start.
    From their results page it looks like $2000 to start PDC last year. Not sure what the Friday portion paid to start. http://www.fairburyspeedway.com/news...lassic-victory

Drivers info then payout, they show payout for all of there races.

Huge miss by Fairbury here if they don’t also increase start money in my opinion. They could have made this race 4000 just to start and paid further back in B mains with all that 50 grand. You think with all the cars that support this races they would want to pay further back or give some money back to their locals before they are gone. 50k is enough for a winners purse and it’s not like that extra 50k will add any more cars.

Agree on the start money increase.
    And I highly doubt you'll find 100 fans at a dirt track to buy a $1000 raffle ticket. 10 people pooling $100 each seems more likely.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by cgrace View Post
    That's a negative Ghostrider!

Dont you know its all about the winner???

On paper a car could lead 99 laps and get punted on last lap and still make more money than the winner did due to the lap money. I guess that part makes it interesting but I feel its a big miss for FALS as its all focused on the winner, regardless if Pennsboro32 thinks Im dumb. (I never call people names, that makes you look ignorant and immature, my mama taught me that)

#FALS

I agree the $1000 a pop ticket will leave a lot of folks out, including me, however I bet there is no problem selling them out. The people running Fairbury do a hell of a job building their brand and putting on a show. If only other tracks worked at it this hard. Is it perfect? No. But if you can’t have fun at the Prarie Dirt....this isnt your sport.

Maybe they should just pay this then

1. $20k
    2. $10k
    3. $10k
    4. $50k
    5. $25k
    6th through 25th $2k.

Or just line up 25 cars randomly run 100 laps and the finishing order draws their payout chip from a paper bag.

Dumb white boy lives rent free in his own head.
    Last edited by NeedforLM$peed; 12-12-2021 at 05:58 PM.
    2021 race count
    6 events