Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JabberJaws83 View Post
    Never mind, I see his post on it now.
    He wasn't doing droop for his shows in 2021, now he is. I know you saw, but just weird.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Seems as though the only issue is they should've came up with an agreement on a date that changes need to be done by.
    2021 race count
    6 events

They probably shouldve made the rule book for '23 to begin with. Several guys have their cars ready for next year already. I do find it strange the newest rocket cars that we have seen appear to be built to the new body rules that was just released not even a week ago.
    Last edited by zyoung25; 12-13-2021 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    One guy wants to be a hero.
    It's hilarious because he was the first one bragging about how happy he was that everybody was working together

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    It's hilarious because he was the first one bragging about how happy he was that everybody was working together
    Chris Tilley
    @tilleyracing
    ·
    Dec 9
    After a conference call today, big formal announcement coming for our ENTIRE sport of dirt late model racing. I’m so glad we’re all in agreement. Can’t make everyone happy all the time but being on the same page is a huge start / huge day for our sport.
    2021 race count
    6 events

I'm not a chassis builder.. dont claim to know anything about building a Late Model.. just curious why the right front tire is so far offset. What would happen if the right front was close to inline with the right rear?

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    They probably shouldve made the rule book for '23 to begin with. Several guys have their cars ready for next year already. I do find it strange the newest rocket cars that we have seen appear to be built to the new body rules that was just released not even a week ago.
    Just like how the droop rule measurement is very close on a standard Rocket, and Longhorn guys have to pull their decks down 3-4 inches….hmmmm

where can you find these universal rules? Going to be finishing up my body next week.

Quote Originally Posted by cjsracing View Post
    where can you find these universal rules? Going to be finishing up my body next week.
    I don't think anyone but the elite really know right now. Tilleys assumption is that bodies on cars already fit the new rules most of the time.All in all, I look for these body rules to be enforced in Florida and as April comes around..stuff starts to slide.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Making rules and enforcing the rules are 2 different things. That is what got the cars to where they are now is the lack of enforcement and racers pushing the limits knowing so.

Was XR in this meeting as well?

Chris Tilley should work on his purse through the field before anything else
    Last edited by JabberJaws83; 12-14-2021 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cjsracing View Post
    DoD article!

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post
    Making rules and enforcing the rules are 2 different things. That is what got the cars to where they are now is the lack of enforcement and racers pushing the limits knowing so.

Was XR in this meeting as well?
    XR said they would not be following these new rules

Who didn't anticipate this ? If it wasn't XR it would have been some other group. XR doesn't have the top racers to back it up. Lucas and WoO hold all the aces. If they can come up with a common set of rules most others will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    The tires are a problem. I don't think making everyone buy a junk LM, for more money that goes to Sam Driggers, a fair compromise however.
    How could tires be a problem? I thought Lucas Oil was going to save local racing with their new tires after that bogus cost saving test at Florence Speedway a few years ago.
    Mike
    I hate the Steelers more than I hate the Buckeyes !

Facebook

Sounds as if 2023 is going to be a BIG change coming. Which makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    How could tires be a problem? I thought Lucas Oil was going to save local racing with their new tires after that bogus cost saving test at Florence Speedway a few years ago.
    Those tires were trash and Continental came in and quit making them.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by JabberJaws83 View Post
    Sounds as if 2023 is going to be a BIG change coming. Which makes sense.
    Endurance racing is making sweeping changes that cut costs and being the various sanctions together in 2023. They announced it in 2018, giving teams 5 years to retool.

Late model racing would be wise to do the same thing.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Those tires were trash and Continental came in and quit making them.
    Of coarse they were. Just like other current tire rules. It’s not really about saving anyone money it’s about lining the pockets of a few.
    Mike
    I hate the Steelers more than I hate the Buckeyes !

Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox28 View Post
    outside of a guy having to set up for the droop rule in some series, I wasn't aware that a late model couldn't go run anywhere, as they were. So, we're taking the dumbest rule and making everyone do it. I do like the idea of unified tire rules, though..its crazy how many compounds are essentially the same but cant be used because the number is different.
    So the one thing that will save racers a ton of money (TIRES ) set aside until 2023 , But the rule to be enforced immediately , the one that won't save anything will be . And we asked the question about supply and demand . Are you making tires now . No was the answer and that they will be
    over $ 200.00 dollars each . Go figure .