Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ALLDIRT View Post
    So the one thing that will save racers a ton of money (TIRES ) set aside until 2023 , But the rule to be enforced immediately , the one that won't save anything will be . And we asked the question about supply and demand . Are you making tires now . No was the answer and that they will be
    over $ 200.00 dollars each . Go figure .
    Body rules could save you a lot of money. Remove 800# of downforce and an LS out of a truck could win. That's about a $30k savings. Tires? Don't you buy what you need when you need it? We run our stuff until it's done. Seems like most competition puts new on every night. If it's new, who cares if if you have 5 or 2 kinds to choose from? Either way, you bolted on 4 new ones.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Body rules could save you a lot of money. Remove 800# of downforce and an LS out of a truck could win. That's about a $30k savings. Tires? Don't you buy what you need when you need it? We run our stuff until it's done. Seems like most competition puts new on every night. If it's new, who cares if if you have 5 or 2 kinds to choose from? Either way, you bolted on 4 new ones.
    At two hundred dollars a tire , it would not be long before it was thirty thousands . I am talking about the three tire rule now . And they say they are not making tires right now , for what ever reason So you can bet they will be in short supply .

Quote Originally Posted by ALLDIRT View Post
    At two hundred dollars a tire , it would not be long before it was thirty thousands . I am talking about the three tire rule now . And they say they are not making tires right now , for what ever reason So you can bet they will be in short supply .
    I followed you. I don't see how less options saves a dime, if you are gonna run new no matter what.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing

So these new rules are working in Rockets favour?

Isn’t it amazing a new tire rule has been the one thing that’s going to save the racers a ton of money and save the sport for the last 20 years yet here we are.

The one obvious thing that’s an easy fix nobody wants to touch. They would prefer to reinvent the wheel (or tire rule). Insanity
    Mike
    I hate the Steelers more than I hate the Buckeyes !

Facebook

But making open cars follow a tire rule provides so much excitement when the lab declares the winner a week or so later……..yup, insanity for sure.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    Do you seriously believe that ?

I followed you. I don't see how less options saves a dime, if you are gonna run new no matter what.
    In my view the tire rule isn't so much about saving money as making things easier on the racer. I wasn't able to run several races this year because I did not have (and was not able to get thanks to the shortage) the correct tire-even though I did have the exact same tire with different markings. Cleaning up the multiple options of the same compound is a huge plus.

I don't think this will work at all

Quote Originally Posted by 50Dixon50 View Post
    I don't think this will work at all
    It can work, and should work, they just need to be smart about it. Come out by end of Spring this year and say here are the body rules for 2023.
    I'm not sure what's different than when the wedge was done away with. Rules were made and you couldn't show up and race with a wedge car anymore. If certain people had the balls to begin with and didn't let it get so far outside the rules to begin with, we wouldn't be here.

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    After this season, they need all the help they can get ! ! !

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Do you seriously believe that ?
    They certainly got a head start on the rules. And they were not skewed as badly. You do the math.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing

Quote Originally Posted by EvelB7 View Post
    In my view the tire rule isn't so much about saving money as making things easier on the racer. I wasn't able to run several races this year because I did not have (and was not able to get thanks to the shortage) the correct tire-even though I did have the exact same tire with different markings. Cleaning up the multiple options of the same compound is a huge plus.
    exactly what the tire rule needs to do. It isn't forcing guys to buy more tires..its allowing guys to buy one kind of tires and go race anywhere. It works for other classes...no reason it can't be the same for Late Models.

Ray Cook has a video on youtube showing all the rules and how they will measure them.

Personally I'm not a fan because I think the cars look cool all flared out.

Quote Originally Posted by cjsracing View Post
    Ray Cook has a video on youtube showing all the rules and how they will measure them.

Dont worry. UMP/DirtCar wont be supporting the new body rules this year either.

I'd like them to fit in a regular enclosed trailer. Start pulling some strings and tapes. It isn't as rigid as you might think.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing

Quote Originally Posted by JabberJaws83 View Post
    It can work, and should work, they just need to be smart about it.
    Being smart about it depends on the lens you are looking through. I am not attaching any names to this, just speaking in general terms... If what is best for the sport isn't necessarily what is best for an individual person or a company, what would be smart of them to do? Should they do what is best for the industry as a whole and possibly make less money and have less success with their business? Would they be better off to make as much money as possible while business is booming, only leading a slow downfall of the sport? I don't know if there is any "correct" answer to that question...

I have been calling for URR Unified Rules Racing for years. This is a big step in the correct direction. ..the best rules from the best tracks and car building rules that are the same all across this great country of ours.. This will be better for the racers and the tracks...
    I want URR Unified Rules Racing .

I'd like them to fit in a regular enclosed trailer. Start pulling some strings and tapes. It isn't as rigid as you might think.
    I have a regular enclosed trailer and mine fits in just fine with the right side door and quarter flared out. Other than that the other measurements in Ray's video would have no effect on a car fitting in a trailer.

And if you want to build your body without it flared so it fits in your trailer then go ahead. But those of us who want to give some character to our cars should be allowed to.

I have a regular enclosed trailer and mine fits in just fine with the right side door and quarter flared out. Other than that the other measurements in Ray's video would have no effect on a car fitting in a trailer.

And if you want to build your body without it flared so it fits in your trailer then go ahead. But those of us who want to give some character to our cars should be allowed to.
    So why have any rules? I'm sure there are some rules you are for that others are against.