Default The Quad State Tornado

A lot of racer’s hometowns were in the path of that monster. I think Tanner English’s town (Benton) took damage after it hit Mayfield. Hope everyone is okay.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

I would echo what t3r3e3 said. Prayers go out for all who suffered any type of loss but most of all those who were killed or permanently maimed and their surviving loved ones.

My brothers in the ARMY and stationed at Ft. Campbell as a Special Forces Green Beret. He lives north of there in Crofton, Kentucky. They had tornados 10 miles north and 20 miles south of him. Said the weather was crazy all evening around the Ft. Campbell / Clarksville, TN area.

PRAYERS TO ALL THOSE AFFECTED.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

NBC NEWS

QUAD STATES TORNADO COVERAGE - WAS ON THE GROUND FOR A POSSIBLE 200+ MILES.

POSSIBLE 70-100 HAVE PARISHED IN THAT PARTICULAR STORM.

One of the deadly tornadoes overnight that left at least 50 dead may have set the record for the longest continuous tornado in American history.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/weather...JgOVk984b44td4
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Complete devastation in Mayfield. Everything is destroyed.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=97b_FKG660o
    2021 race count
    6 events

That video is beyond sad. Two weeks before Christmas and families / community leaders have to deal with the loss of everything. Prayers for everyone.

What a devastating storm! Prayers for those affected. These tornados started in Eastern Oklahoma and traveled just south of where I live in Northwest Arkansas. We had tornado warnings here, but it passed over, causing only power outages. It hit a nursing home in Monette Arkansas and destroyed it killing two and injuring 5 others before moving Northeast into Tennessee and Kentucky.

I send out my deepest thoughts and prayers to all involved in historic and tragic tornado outbreak. I have had the honor of visiting many of the towns that were hit last night including Mayfield. I know for sure we stopped there a time or two when we went to KLMS or Paducah,but also went that way going to Eldora and the DTWC at Bardstown as well.

The storm that spawned the monster tornado that was on the ground for so long actually started out just north of here. It was a fairly small cell by itself that became tornadic and deadly in Eastern and Northeastern Arkansas as JimBo said. We had high winds and some hail late last night,but no tornadoes or warnings.

Yesterday and last night was one for the record books. All the veteran stormchasers and weather people were absolutely shook by it.

Again,thoughts and prayers to everyone affected by this tragedy.
    Last edited by AllenK; 12-11-2021 at 01:17 PM.
    Formerly 66#1

Thoughts and prayers to all affected.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLM$peed View Post
    Complete devastation in Mayfield. Everything is destroyed.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=97b_FKG660o
    OH MY GOD!!

That is one of the most gut wrenching videos I've ever watched.

It's going to be even more costly and time consuming to rebuild with supply shortages, labor shortages and inflation.
    2021 race count
    6 events

I just watched that drone footage. I just had a couple of weird observations. Why is there absolutely no emergency vehicles to be seen anywhere, and nobody going through the rubble. Also, why are they allowing all that traffic to roll through town? I would think they would have it closed off to the lookie loos.

Only thing I can maybe think of is most in that general area were destroyed or not able to use. Looks to be pre dawn just about so maybe no one quite knew the magnitude of the damage around the area.
    2021 race count
    6 events

Quote Originally Posted by John Boy View Post
    I just watched that drone footage. I just had a couple of weird observations. Why is there absolutely no emergency vehicles to be seen anywhere, and nobody going through the rubble. Also, why are they allowing all that traffic to roll through town? I would think they would have it closed off to the lookie loos.
    The fire department and emergency operations center were hit by the tornado, so they didn't have access to all their equipment right away.

I’ve been through some major Hurricanes, been flooded, had structural damage , trees through roofs etc and been pretty nervous at times riding out some of them……the sustained howling of major hurricane wind at night is haunting……couldn’t even begin to imagine the bowling ball of wind coming through like that tornado.
    what those folks that survived must have heard and seen had to be terrifying…..anyone that did survive is in for a very long recovery mentally and physically…God bless them all.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????