Default Big money purses

I've been trying to figure out the influx in purses for next year. Is the online streaming where the big differences are? Are the tracks getting kickbacks from all the online coverages? 樂 the

Monty

Quote Originally Posted by mndirtman View Post
    I've been trying to figure out the influx in purses for next year. Is the online streaming where the big differences are? Are the tracks getting kickbacks from all the online coverages? 樂 the

Monty
    The simple answer is yes. Look at the XR series for example, the entire series is based off streaming and the revenue that it generates. The FloRacing night in America drew 20,000 individual accounts per race night, MavTV Plus drew huge numbers for all Lucas Oil events in 2021.

Tracks get a certain percentage of the streaming revenue from MavTv, Flo, Dirtvision, XR, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by mccreadiefan39 View Post
    The simple answer is yes. Look at the XR series for example, the entire series is based off streaming and the revenue that it generates. The FloRacing night in America drew 20,000 individual accounts per race night, MavTV Plus drew huge numbers for all Lucas Oil events in 2021.Tracks get a certain percentage of the streaming revenue from MavTv, Flo, Dirtvision, XR, etc.
    I'm not saying that you're wrong or anything like that but from the track owners I've talked to, they don't get a percentage of anything. They get a small fee for the rights to the show and most say they lose money by people watching instead of showing up. Now for the series that are backed by the streaming services..that money is absolutely getting pumped into the purses and events.Again, could be wrong about the compensation to tracks because we all know most people make it seem worse than it really is..but its the only story I've been told by several track owners.

I could be totally wrong, but did some of these tracks, sanctioning bodies, receive Covid money and have to spend it?

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox28 View Post
    I'm not saying that you're wrong or anything like that but from the track owners I've talked to, they don't get a percentage of anything. They get a small fee for the rights to the show and most say they lose money by people watching instead of showing up. Now for the series that are backed by the streaming services..that money is absolutely getting pumped into the purses and events.Again, could be wrong about the compensation to tracks because we all know most people make it seem worse than it really is..but its the only story I've been told by several track owners.
    If anyone thinks these tracks aren't benefiting from the streaming shows, I don't know what to tell ya. They wouldn't be doing it they weren't getting their cut or it was hurting business.

Quote Originally Posted by mndirtman View Post

Monty
    don't forget all the hornets that show up at these places paying the same pit pass cost that the Late Model teams pay to run for 1/50 of the money. Think about all the people that will either go to watch their local hero run the big track or pay $34.99 to watch them at home.

Look at their site and what they charge at Bristol alone. You have to pay for your pit spot then on top of that you pay for passes for each person.

Then factor in that Marcus Smith can pay out $50k because that is pocket change compared to what he pays out at Nascar events.

Should be a fascinating year to watch play out indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter Davenport View Post
    Uhh, you mean Bruton Smith?
    Careful. He might claim he's "living rent free" in your head.
    2021 race count
    6 events

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter Davenport View Post
    Uhh, you mean Bruton Smith?
    Bruton retired. His son Marcus runs the show now.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLM$peed View Post
    Careful. He might claim he's "living rent free" in your head.
    Ha ha ha ha ha. LOL
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Quote Originally Posted by gumby_32d View Post
    I could be totally wrong, but did some of these tracks, sanctioning bodies, receive Covid money and have to spend it?
    If you got the money you had to spent it in a certain number of weeks and most of it had to be spent on payroll the reason I know this is I'm self employed and I got it twice.

Quote Originally Posted by mccreadiefan39 View Post
    The simple answer is yes. Look at the XR series for example, the entire series is based off streaming and the revenue that it generates. The FloRacing night in America drew 20,000 individual accounts per race night, MavTV Plus drew huge numbers for all Lucas Oil events in 2021.Tracks get a certain percentage of the streaming revenue from MavTv, Flo, Dirtvision, XR, etc.
    Mav and flo pay the tracks. Woo and dirtcar give the tracks absolutely nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtmiester View Post
    Mav and flo pay the tracks. Woo and dirtcar give the tracks absolutely nothing.
    This played into what happened at Lernerville.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I wonder if the start of there streaming service at lernerville had something to do with woo pulling the plug on them also. This deal has to play out. The higher purse may bring some more cars, has woo scheduled on top of the firecracker yet ? Guys that are picking and choosing will be there for that purse. Team zero more than likely 2 cars, big sexy, Boom with 2 cars, Weiss is saying he's going that route, BP and on and on. You know that place is going to be packed with fans.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    I wonder if the start of there streaming service at lernerville had something to do with woo pulling the plug on them also. This deal has to play out. The higher purse may bring some more cars, has woo scheduled on top of the firecracker yet ? Guys that are picking and choosing will be there for that purse. Team zero more than likely 2 cars, big sexy, Boom with 2 cars, Weiss is saying he's going that route, BP and on and on. You know that place is going to be packed with fans.
    The WoO is at Pevely for a 20k show that weekend.

Boom and Richards are going WoO racing.

Pierce will be running the Summernats.

There will be 50-60 cars just like all the other Firecrackers, just the faces will be different.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Are you sure the tracks are putting on the X-RAY series? The series may be renting the tracks.