Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Screven

Default Screven

Anyone see there Winter freeze schedule ? Feb 3rd to 5th, 4 cylinders. I believe they have the 602 late models on the 4th but wow how the place has fallen. I think the little cars are running for 18k. They'll be coming from everywhere for that kind of money.

Sounds like Redd crapped on the Woo series one too many times. They took their series to Volusia and put the money in their pocket!

Time for a new series to roll in there with a 50k to win event……light the dragstrip up for the weekend and just make it a raceapalooza week.

The facility could easily take it on
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Unhappy

I used to love going to Screven, great track and the best food in racing, but like dirtcrazy4u said; "wow how that place has fallen".
    Last edited by Slideways; 12-12-2021 at 02:30 PM.
    Because Dirt's for Racin'...

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    Sounds like Redd crapped on the Woo series one too many times. They took their series to Volusia and put the money in their pocket!
    Dirtcar is a spiteful bunch.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Dirtcar is a spiteful bunch.
    Oh i know, so well!

Sam and his bunch are a piece of work!

He’ll make way more money with a big 4 banger race and no sanctioning fee than he would with any late model tour. Just think of how many pit passes and tickets he’ll sell to one of the 150-200 cars that show up for this.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Maybe, but he sure has lost some prestige in the dlm ranks!

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    Maybe, but he sure has lost some prestige in the dlm ranks!
    Money trumps fleeting prestige every day of the week and twice on Sunday.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Make sure you know the actual story. Redd chose not to have WoO back after they would not allow him to work on the track before the last feature at the last event they had. And the last Super race that ran during Winter Freeze paid $10k and $20k and didn't draw full fields. Super Late Models have sort of dictated what he schedules by not coming when he puts the money out. The guy has spent a ton of dough for Supers over the years. Redd is just fine with racing 4 or 5 events a year at the dirt track including the July So Nats race as the only scheduled Super race for 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by flagone View Post
    Make sure you know the actual story. Redd chose not to have WoO back after they would not allow him to work on the track before the last feature at the last event they had. And the last Super race that ran during Winter Freeze paid $10k and $20k and didn't draw full fields. Super Late Models have sort of dictated what he schedules by not coming when he puts the money out. The guy has spent a ton of dough for Supers over the years. Redd is just fine with racing 4 or 5 events a year at the dirt track including the July So Nats race as the only scheduled Super race for 2022.
    Wasnt there a big disagreement over a tire rule with Woo a few years ago?

There was. They wanted LM tires and Redd said no. They skipped a year and then came back.

It is a shame because that track has some of the best clay I have ever seen. They have a big problem with time management at the place, boy with east bay going away in a couple years I think screven would be a great place for the supers and the sprints.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    It is a shame because that track has some of the best clay I have ever seen. They have a big problem with time management at the place, boy with east bay going away in a couple years I think screven would be a great place for the supers and the sprints.
    My guess is that when East Bay is done the Lucas Oil races will move to Golden Isle...
    Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis

Quote Originally Posted by dirtybird73 View Post
    My guess is that when East Bay is done the Lucas Oil races will move to Golden Isle...
    I'd say you are right, and it's a downgrade as far as racing goes. Why would Bronson buy the track, unless he knows that?

I also like the racing at Screven. The place isn't abrasive like most of the GA tracks and the shape is a little weird.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 12-13-2021 at 06:12 AM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

It’s a track I’ve seen more good races than bad races at……..those type tracks are hard to find.

I'd say you are right, and it's a downgrade as far as racing goes. Why would Bronson buy the track, unless he knows that?

I also like the racing at Screven. The place isn't abrasive like most of the GA tracks and the shape is a little weird.
    I was hoping Killer was gonna change the track size and shape........after the pics ives seen, hes def not! smh

I don't know what the plans for golden isles is but I think you hit the nail on the head. Bronson has a share in the place and I to believe it could have something to do with east bay closing. It won't surprise me if they don't shorten the track to a 3/8 mile.

Fayetteville in N.C. did and the racing got better in a hurry……would love to see gis shorten and add a bit more banking.

I'd say you are right, and it's a downgrade as far as racing goes. Why would Bronson buy the track, unless he knows that?I also like the racing at Screven. The place isn't abrasive like most of the GA tracks and the shape is a little weird.
    Brunswick is definitely not East bay but there have definitely been some good speedweeks races there