Thread: New deck rule?

Default New deck rule?

I heard there is a new deck rule coming around the eliminate the yawed right side deck. Anyone know what it is?

Quote Originally Posted by Ltemodel View Post
    I heard there is a new deck rule coming around the eliminate the yawed right side deck. Anyone know what it is?
    Yes, but they have had an unwritten in the rule book for body skew for a while now. They measured off the RR tire to the front edge of the quarter panel so high up. I haven't calculated from the new rule if this is gonna be less or the same, yet but I would guess they are just limiting to what the rule was now.

They wrote it funny on the dirt on dirt story on how they gonna check it, but the way I think it works is basically measure 8ft up the right side of the car on the deck to door and make a mark at that 8ft. Then measure diagonally from the LR back quarter panel at the spoiler to that new 8 ft mark on right side. That measurement has to be at least 118", if the rear T bar is too far right then the hypotenuse measurement will be shorter.

Least from what they wrote that has to be how it works as far as I can tell

Thanks Billet,
    I thought you'd be the guy in the know on this.
    I haven't had a Dirt on Dirt subscription for years.
    They started out pretty reasonable, then just got out of my price range for the amount of use I was getting out of it.
    I may get one again. They do provide really good content. I just don't think I'd use it as much as I used to.
    Thanks again.

Billet you are correct on how they are doing it. I don't think the current rules had any way to stop the way guys were skewing things. They had the 1" bow/string rule for the right side but that didn't stop them from moving the front deck over to the left a ton. These guys were making the decks a giant parallelogram and staying within the 1" bow rule.