Thread: No tech videos?

Default No tech videos?

If I'm not mistaken, in years past, didn't dirt on dirt post videos from p.r.i. talking to all of the companies about their new products being introduced?

They did... I was wondering about this as well as I was looking forward to seeing them since I couldn't make it this year. Some of the key dirt late models didn't come this time so I wonder if that played into the fact of not having them.

Default T

The tech videos usually come out later. Probably sometime this week. One of DoD’s weaknesses, they don’t realize most of their costumer base are fans because they’re racers not fans of racers. We want more tech less interviews. A weekly segment with a respected crew chief talking about what’s going on with the cars that are winning would do way better than dirt reporters or the rigsby report.. IMO… not that those aren’t good as well… just think more racer content would do extremely well.QUOTE=Punisher88;2418555]If I'm not mistaken, in years past, didn't dirt on dirt post videos from p.r.i. talking to all of the companies about their new products being introduced?[/QUOTE]

I would say that Dirt on Dirt looks at the numbers, and they do realize what their subscriber base likes and watches.

Quote Originally Posted by jp631989 View Post
    I would say that Dirt on Dirt looks at the numbers, and they do realize what their subscriber base likes and watches.
    You can't measure what you don't offer.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Larry Mac is doing nothing for the next 8 weeks
    8/13/16

The two biggies they talk to, Wehrs and Keyser weren't even there.

The tech videos usually come out later. Probably sometime this week. One of DoD’s weaknesses, they don’t realize most of their costumer base are fans because they’re racers not fans of racers. We want more tech less interviews. A weekly segment with a respected crew chief talking about what’s going on with the cars that are winning would do way better than dirt reporters or the rigsby report.. IMO… not that those aren’t good as well… just think more racer content would do extremely well.

Stop making sense! Thats not what this board is for!

Seriously would be a great segment for Randy Weaver to do. (I dont think anyone wants to hear about how many hamburgers Randall eats).

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    You can't measure what you don't offer.
    They posted Tech videos from Friday and Saturday of the 2019 PRI show. So not sure how they haven't "offered" them before.

Quote Originally Posted by jp631989 View Post
    They posted Tech videos from Friday and Saturday of the 2019 PRI show. So not sure how they haven't "offered" them before.
    Those are glorified commercials. My comment to you was in response to your response to XRnone. DoD doesn't really cover technology in any way during the course of the year. My understanding is that is what XRnone was saying as well.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by XRNone View Post
    The tech videos usually come out later. Probably sometime this week. One of DoD’s weaknesses, they don’t realize most of their costumer base are fans because they’re racers not fans of racers. We want more tech less interviews. A weekly segment with a respected crew chief talking about what’s going on with the cars that are winning would do way better than dirt reporters or the rigsby report.. IMO… not that those aren’t good as well… just think more racer content would do extremely well.
    This may be wishful thinking... I think a good indicator would be looking at the 4m Racing Gossip vs Racing Tech sections. I think A LOT more people care about what shoes Tyler Carpenter's wearing than talking about design, physics, engineering, manufacturing, etc unfortunately.

I'm just a fan but I love hearing about the tech in these cars. The geometry of 4 link suspension and calculating roll centre in amazing.