Pittsburgh's Pennsylvania Motor Speedway
    Imperial, Pennsylvania

Track - https://ppms.com/
    Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/PAMotorSpeedway

2022 Schedule

Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

I sit here and look over this schedule and it saddens me to think of what the racing scene in and around western pa has become. The great tracks that fans would look forward to on weekends to see some of the best racing anywhere. Some are only shadows of what they used to be. Gone are the teams and drivers that would give the touring guys a run for there money. I wonder if these crate organizers have been good for the sport. I do not see the fan support but that only opens up another can of worms. PPMS with the current ownership would not survive without them.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    I sit here and look over this schedule and it saddens me to think of what the racing scene in and around western pa has become. The great tracks that fans would look forward to on weekends to see some of the best racing anywhere. Some are only shadows of what they used to be. Gone are the teams and drivers that would give the touring guys a run for there money. I wonder if these crate organizers have been good for the sport. I do not see the fan support but that only opens up another can of worms. PPMS with the current ownership would not survive without them.
    Mike norris has no issue running up front against national teams...

Norris, Ferree, and Miley are absolutely capable of running well with the national touring guys.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Remember when this place used to be something. (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) shame the last time I checked a results sheet they had 8 crates for a headline division.

Quote Originally Posted by YeetIt View Post
    Remember when this place used to be something. (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) shame the last time I checked a results sheet they had 8 crates for a headline division.
    The Pittsburgher used to basically be a 3 day event with racing. An event with more around it leading up to the racing. Now its just another cookie cutter corporate Lucas Oil show up and race and go home.

Heck its not even a 100 lap race anymore. Its 2 50 lap races that only pays the winner at the end of the 2nd 50 race. Just make it a 50 lap race if you are only going to pay 20k.

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post
    The Pittsburgher used to basically be a 3 day event with racing. An event with more around it leading up to the racing. Now its just another cookie cutter corporate Lucas Oil show up and race and go home. Heck its not even a 100 lap race anymore. Its 2 50 lap races that only pays the winner at the end of the 2nd 50 race. Just make it a 50 lap race if you are only going to pay 20k.
    The race lost everything it had built the tears the let it go unsanctioned. A couple of those years were decent races but noone would know it, barely drew all the locals those years.Whats even funnier is replacing all of their specials with crates and putting out 1/3 of the purses while maintaining the same grandstand and pit prices. Amazes me the place still opens on saturdays.

Pittsburgh's problem, the owner blames the promoter, the promoter blames the owner, owner and promoter are the same. Exact same problem Roaring Knob has.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    Pittsburgh's problem, the owner blames the promoter, the promoter blames the owner, owner and promoter are the same. Exact same problem Roaring Knob has.
    Roaring Knob use to be such a cool place to go see a race.

Its a great short term business model, same revenue/less expenses, and they have the luxury of being located next to a large metro area but eventually the fans will stop coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    Roaring Knob use to be such a cool place to go see a race.
    Went one time this year to see Jake run. Qualifying wasn't over until 10:30pm. Single car qualifying for every class on the property. Typical Rick Jones $hit show.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    Went one time this year to see Jake run. Qualifying wasn't over until 10:30pm. Single car qualifying for every class on the property. Typical Rick Jones $hit show.
    The place was pretty cool before he took it over and it all went to crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Norris, Ferree, and Miley are absolutely capable of running well with the national touring guys.
    You can't be serious. Ferree can barely finish a race. Miley can run up front with the ulms guys. Blair has possibilities. Zeigler can get it done on occasion but rarely does he come to western pa. Norris tries hard but his inexperience on long races

Last time I attended a race there, the place quite literally could have been straight out of the 70's. Right down to the bleacher boards that had holes rotted through them. It's sad when I think of the racing that went down there and the names the place used to pull on a semi regular basis.

We attended the Pittsburgher close to 8 years ago, had to be careful walking up the bleachers seeing numerous rotten lumber. Electric system looks to be late 60's all cobbled up.

Quote Originally Posted by intel8 View Post
    We attended the Pittsburgher close to 8 years ago, had to be careful walking up the bleachers seeing numerous rotten lumber. Electric system looks to be late 60's all cobbled up.
    A whole lot of PPMS is repurposed stuff from Heidelberg, which closed in 1973, so… yeah.

You can't be serious. Ferree can barely finish a race. Miley can run up front with the ulms guys. Blair has possibilities. Zeigler can get it done on occasion but rarely does he come to western pa. Norris tries hard but his inexperience on long races
    Sign out for good.

I know this track gets panned a lot and maybe they deserve it. But when the track prep is right, you can see awesome racing there. It's so big and fast, local LM racing just wasn't fun anymore. The Ed Laboon Memorial was fantastic last year. Pittsburgher is always exciting but I agree about the Fuel stop. You can thank Davenport for that !!! lost the race 2 years ago because he ran out of gas. misjudged all the yellows.

Quote Originally Posted by Noreast View Post
    I know this track gets panned a lot and maybe they deserve it. But when the track prep is right, you can see awesome racing there. It's so big and fast, local LM racing just wasn't fun anymore. The Ed Laboon Memorial was fantastic last year. Pittsburgher is always exciting but I agree about the Fuel stop. You can thank Davenport for that !!! lost the race 2 years ago because he ran out of gas. misjudged all the yellows.
    Back when the STARS sanctioned the Pittsburgher thru the 80's-90's there was a pit stop for fuel. Of course that was when many of the drivers used Alky instead of Cam2 as fuel. Davenport had the option of running a bigger fuel cell but didn't.

At no point will you ever be intelligent enough to have opinions.